New Cornerbacks Coach

Chevis Jackson, he was an assistant at Marshall under Guidry.

1 Like

Yeah, a good hire IMO. He was one of the top names on the Locked on Canes podcast, which I really like

I feel like CBs have been our worst performing position on defense for some time, so I’m always happy to welcome new blood.

1 Like

Word is he could be a valuable recruiter here.

He’s a native of Mobile, Alabama and played for LSU (2007 national champs). His other experience is Ball State, Kansas, and Marshall, so maybe those connections help too.

Seems to me that Guidry while at Marshall had one of the best defenses in the country. I don’t recall anyone ever singling out Marshall as one of the nation’s fiercest football powers, so Guidry achievement is noteworthy. Given Guidry’s capable stewardship of our defense last year, I trust we’ve made a good hire getting one of Guidry’s assistants at Marshall. Plus, he’s from Mobile which is an exceptionally good recruiting venue.

1 Like

I agree the coaches’ familiarity and ability to plug right in will be an asset seeing as how we’re entering Year 3. We don’t have time for big coaching resets.

Guidry is a great hire at Miami. If he did not have his past the guy would be coaching at Alabama or LSU by now. He is someone that Mario needs to keep. Miami defense was much better last year and did not have the talent it will in the future.

Elite80…on the subject of coaching hires…I read that James Coley has made his way back to the Dawgs. What gives ? He was barely at S Carolina long enough to grab a cup of coffee before he jumped to Georgia again.