Nesta Silvera

He is entering the transfer portal.

It is disappointing to see him go, but he was very streaky while here. His effort was usually off the charts but he would also disappear for big stretches. I was hoping he would come back and put it all together finally, but I guess not.
JHH, LT, and Miller are going to have to step up.

If he worked out for 6 months, he wouldn’t disappear for stretches. If we change to a 3-4, he would be looking at less PT as he isn’t a good SDE and he sure as heck isn’t a plug at 0. Thus, he would play when we moved back to the 4-3 on some downs.

1 Like

Miller is probably the closest thing to a true 0 tech that Miami has. I wonder if LT will be asked to play the 0 or potentially the 2/3 or even 4i tech.

Will he make a roster? Sort of underwhelming at Miami. Another kid who didn’t live up to the hype.

He peaked at “ACC Honorable Mention” … Yippee!!!

THIS, I thought he would be great, and make plays. Most of the time he was out there just holding his own, but not making an impact on the game week to week.

Nesta had some good if not great moments, but all in all he never lived up to his 5 star appraisal.

Nesta may be making a colossal mistake playing another year of college ball. It seems to me he should move forward and enter the draft. Most pundits see him going in the latter rounds of the draft. It might be speculated that Nesta is seeking a transfer payoff rather than risking not being selected in the draft.

IMO, Silvera was a big disappoint and is injury prone.