Needs as of Now

I assume we will bring 2-3 more…Whether it be HS (with Conerly the main target), juco, and more than likely, portal

The positions imo are most likely OL and defensive Front 7…But I think if the right WR or CB want in, UM will take them. I thought portal CB was a lock, but with Blades (I hope I never have mention #8’s name again) back, I think Blades is as good or better than all but maybe a handful of portal CB)

Assuming that attrition is reasonable and spread out among backups over several positions. (there’s always surprises…But I would think between 4-8 kids leave…Some names Matocha, C.Brown, 1-2 dead weight LB, etc, etc, Worsham…)I know I’m just speculating but you get the point. And that any portal guys are 2 years tops

As of right now (and the order in each group somewhat matters too)…Here’s what I got for next year. Obviously can change more than ever with portal so easy to run to, and a lot depends if Steele is mixing in a hybrid position nowadays or guys like Malik Curtis end of switching, how multiple we are up front and who turns out to be dead weight from 20-21 classes.

Major Need: OL (if Conerly than bump behind LB/DT but still 1st line), DT, P, LB
Strong Need: WR, S, CB, DE/Edge, QB (QB volatile)
Build Depth but get 1: TE, RB (Rb volatile with attrition/how Chaney comes back)
Pass/can be Selective: K

Punter - Nelson Foley already had a 40yarder. Pretty sure he has 4 years left.

OL, DL, LB would be the top 3
Depth at CB/WR would be nice

There are guys who can kick an occasional 40 yarder…Hopefully he can do it consistently…

If not, go get one.

Aussie so I’d like to believe he can be 40 plus

Foley in the portal, btw