McClendon Gone

That didn’t take long.

Not officially official yet but this has been rumored for about a week.

UGA is his alma mater. He and his wife are both from nearby Atlanta.

I imagine Miami offered to match the money but it didn’t matter?

Seems strange since Kirby didn’t retain him when Richt was fired by UGA.

The WR that committed yesterday will probably decommit?

Cristobal needs to get the OC and DC done.

Given the talent available, TVD et al, and the money UM has allotted for OC, they should be able to hire someone really good.

Definitely. I can appreciate Cristobal taking his time to make the right hires, but recruits are waiting to see who comes on board……

Recruits are not the problem at this point. Signing day is a couple of days away. That ship has sailed. Need to get the coordinators to start planning the spring and the get the players playbooks to learn before the spring…

This give the OC some flexibility to either be his own WR coach and bring in a QB coach or make his own hire at WR and bring someone he trust. That said - hate losing a guys who by all accounts was both a very good coach and recruiter…

1 Like

CMC has blown this

who the hell takes 8 weeks and 2 signing days to name 2 coordinators?

We’re waiting for Saban :joy::joy::joy:

All I can say is that whenever the hires are announced, we all better be WOWed

I’m expecting Bienemy any minute.

This isn’t good news, obviously.

I hope we can hire some coordinators soon.

I don’t understand why Cristobal is acting like he has to re-invent the wheel here?

There’s a ton of good coaches out there…Fucking hire em

I keep wondering if CMC is waiting until after signing day to work on the staff. He is a monster recruiter, and may just be putting in his effort into getting a class together. CMD left him with very little in terms of the recruiting class. Cristobal has brought in more kids than Diaz in less time and 3 out of the 4 top-rated kids in this class. After Wednesday, he will have a month + to focus on hiring staff before spring. It is the only way I can rationalize having a skeleton staff right now.

I was told that McClendon was making $300,000.00 at Oregon; $800,000.00 at Miami, and is now being paid $1,000,000.00 to coach at Georgia. Not a bad income increase in less than a year.

Plus housing is much cheaper in the Athens area than Miami and there isn’t much traffic or crime.
#Upgrade