LSU vs Ole Miss

Anybody else getting the feeling that Brian Kelly is losing ground and his seat is getting warm. The play calling is well below what you normally get with the Bayou Bengals and it’s not like Lane Kiffin has the better talent to work with.

Most Alabama fans were disappointed in the hiring of DeBoer who has a splendid resume. Lane Kiffin was far and away the guy the Tide’s fans preferred. There was also some who wanted Dabo Sweeny to return to T-Town. It looks like Texas has the best team in the SEC, but going undefeated in the SEC is never guaranteed. Competition is rife. Who would have thought that Vandy beat Alabama? You cannot believe the pall of disappoint that has fallen over Tide fans. They were spoiled by Saban and have become too used to winning.

IMO, Alabama is too pass happy. They have the hosses, but their rushing game is ridiculously non-productive. QB Milroe is a physical freak, but he still seems uncomfortable playing QB. IMO, they need to improve their rushing game in which Milroe should play a key role. Justice Haynes is a five star RB and has done almost nothing.

Alabama lost a ton this offseason. They just are not very good. Kiffin is the most overrated coach in the country.

Reading your response to Bikki my question revolves around this. Accepting that Alabama lost a lot this year (I am no judge), isn’t kind of the point of “being Bama” that the next guy up is equal to or better than the guy who left? That is, there may be new players on the field but the talent and production should not waver much. Assuming game experience surpassed by sheer talent (and coaching).

So would the conclusion be that there has been a dropoff in Alabama recruiting? Trying to square the circle here, thanks.

Alabama must have missed on guys on the line. Their lines are not nearly up to Alabama standards. Their coach is really good.

I think the Secondary is very inexperienced, albeit talented and they are blowing assignments left and right. I think the lack of experience can be detrimental if you have too many guys in position groups and lack of leadership there.

Look at one of the veterans on D, Malachai Moore. He just threw a massive tantrum and acted like a baby in the Vandy game. I’d suspend that kid. You can’t let the inmates run the asylum and Saban would have never stood for that.

LOL @ Tide fans.

If they wanted Lane Kiffin, then they dodged a bullet. Agree with 80…guy ain’t it.

AT ALL.

Lane Kiffin has always been/behaved like a “spoiled child”. There are some coaches who make it and seem to always remind themselves “I finally got here and I’m damned lucky to be here”. Then there are others who think good things are owed to them.

On the other hand you gotta tip your hat to a guy like Bret Bielema who got knocked back to earth …but seems to have changed his outlook.

There is a difference between losing players to the draft and having a bunch of guys hit the portal. When Deboer took over his team was raided. He had to try and pull the team back together. They are lacking depth. They have also missed on the OL. I feel Milroe is not that great. This is probably the worst Bama team on paper since Saban first took over.

1 Like

It’s definitely the worst Defense at Bama in a long time. No question about that.

The Oline is a weakness too.

Milroe is just ok. They have some dynamic receivers like the Williams kid.