Larry Blustein

Thanks for the update.

Glad he is on the mend.

Since he is pushing 80, I imagine he was vaccinated. I read he was a transplant recipient as well (kidney?) so given his age, he is at higher than average risk for severe COVID.

Edit: Apparently, he was fully vaccinated against COVID as well as pneumonia and the flu.

The last part of this column addresses Larry’s illness and recovery.
https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article258021728.html

I spoke to Larry yesterday. First time we have spoken in a month. He is at home and resting. Said the virus was real bad. He is one person with his conditions that getting the virus was not good. What was worse then Covid was Larry also got Pneumonia. That is what almost killed him from speaking to Larry. It was great to speak with him and hopefully he makes a full recovery.

2 Likes

Excellent news that he’s home. Hope he continues to recover.

Thanks for letting us know! So happy to hear this news.

Update from Barry Jackson’s column.

Larry Blustein — the dean of South Florida recruiting and appreciated throughout Florida for his promotion of recruits and efforts to help them gain exposure — made his first public comments Wednesday after a difficult battle with COVID-19, which required hospitalization and a ventilator. “It has been a crazy six weeks to say the least — and while I have been down and out — I am aimed toward recovering from a serious health episode that has completely shut me down,” Blustein, who has a history of kidney disease, posted on social media. “For those who know me, and have followed what I have done for the past 51 years, Covid , Pneumonia and several other serious health issues have certainly put things into perspective. “But with that said, I plan to make a full recovery and get back where I belong — with all of you. In order to do that, there is still a long road back, but one that I embrace every day. “I want to thank, from the bottom of my heart, EVERYONE who has prayed and supported me at this tough time and it’s because of you that I am fighting harder every day during this rehabilitation to return as a friend and as an ongoing source for high school sports coverage. “Because my phone was compromised during the past six weeks and it is tough for me to address it right now, if you need to get messages to me, I have been able to check my e-mail account at: Floridakids1@aol.com. “I just wanted to bring you up to date on where I am in this recovery period, and once again, cannot express how everything you have done for me has worked and continues to lift me up during the toughest period in my life. “Love you all and PRAYER WORKS!!! Just to let you know — I am vaccinated three times for Covid, Pneumonia and Influenza — so I am NOT Superman, after all!!!” Blustein has been involved in recruiting for more than 50 years and hosts a show on WQAM. Last month, Harold Cole, a close friend of Blustein’s of 40 years, set up a GoFundMe to raise money to assist with Blustein’s hospital bills and medical assistance once he returns home.

1 Like

Hey guys.

First time I posted since I quit Shadow’s board. But I check in here once a month and just saw the updte on Blu. So nice to hear.

I wish things weren’t political because I really liked our discussions and with the new staff in place I think things will get fun again. Guys like Skeeter and previously Bill bring a lot to the table discussing football. We just can’t seem to find common ground where we can respect each other beyond that. Which is sad but okay if we could keep the subject to sports. Seems that’s still not happening though.

Any way, just wanted to say hello. See you on Canesinsight. Cheers!

p.s. Shadow, if you’re still checking in, thanks again for everything. You kept the lights on during the dark days. Good times are ahead now.

2 Likes

Welcome brother!

NOTICE THE TREND?

ALL STORM DID WAS COMMENT ON FISH’S COMMENTS AND TRUDEAU CASTRO’S BROTHER REMOVED MY POST…….

I SIMPLY SAID PNEUMONIA IS COMMONLY HAPPENING WITH COVID……

SO 51 CASTRO JUMPED TO CENSOR LIKE HE ALWAYS DOES…….

BEEN DOING IT TO STORM AND SKEETER FOR YEARS NOW……

IGNORES THE REST……

STORM HAS A WORD FOR YOU: PEADS……

LOOK INTO IT AND GET READY FOR “THE RETURN” OVER THERE….

ITS COMING……

Again, @Stormfront - my mistake. Thought it was the shelter for some reason.

He broke his silence? :rofl:

Take it easy. Being civil isn’t a crime bro.

Wish you’d hang around, Grover. Good to hear from you.

That word is not in his vocabulary. You may need to break it down in simpler terms that he’s able to understand.