Jacket Harris Interview

From about 4 months ago.

Very enlightening.
Very sad and interesting interview.

It was interesting to hear that the first play Jacory made against Florida was a check down he wasn’t allowed to make and he was chastised for it even though it was successful.

Shannon and Nix were a disgrace. They ruined these kids careers. I don’t blame all the kids after who chose/choose to go elsewhere.

THAT HAPPENED / HAPPENS WITH A LOT OF COACHES…

IF YOU YOUR JOB IS RELYING ON 18-19 YEAR OLDS THAT CAN GET YOU FIRED BECAUSE ALL FANBASES HAVE STUGOTZ WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO?

That regime was awful. Period!

There can be a bit of in between Storm no?

We give our 18-22 year olds reasonable checks to call if they sniff a coverage. There needs to be some trust.

DO YOU SEE IN BETWEEN ON THIS BOARD?

REMEMBER THESE ARE PEOPLE WITH A JOB THIS IS NOT ENTERTAINMENT FOR THEM…

THE FANBASE TURNS ON YOU THEY ARE NOT THINKING ALL THE THINGS THAT GO INTO THIS THEY THINK THE LB THAT HAS BEEN HURT FOR 2-3 YEARS IS YOUR FAULT…

THE TE DROPS A BALL IN HIS HANDS THAT IS YOUR FAULT…

YOUR 5 STAR K MISSES A 26 YARD CHIP SHOT THAT IS MANNY’S FAULT…

EVERYTHING IS YOUR FAULT…

IT IS THE ONLY JOB IN AMERICA YOU CAN HAVE A TOP 10 DEFENSE IN THE COUNTRY AND A YEAR OR TWO LATER YOU FORGOT TO COACH TACKLING…

Seems to be a common theme. Even Lashlee admitted he was constraining TVD too much earlier in the season and has just started letting him play.

1 Like

PRETTY SURE WHIPPLE WAS DOING IT ALSO…

NOW THAT WE ARE FINALLY IN REALITY YOU SEEING NOW HOW PLAYERS EFFECT COACHING?

THERE IS A REASON THEY ALL DO IT…

REMEMBER THE GREAT COORDINATOR FROM LSU THAT WENT TO CAROLINA?

HOW IS THAT GOING?

YOU SEEING WHAT BURROW AND CHASE ARE DOING TO NFL DEFENSES?

SAME THING THEY DID AT LSU RIGHT?

I was happy when he graduated.

Is there anybody that doesn’t see that? What’s your question, bro?

This was really hard to watch. Shannon finally had his chance at being a Head Coach and he lets a no name OC run the offense? No Shannon, you run the show. nix does what you say. I do not know why Head Coaches do that. All the work they do to get to a spot like that and then give it all up for assistants. Golden had us going the right direction and gives it up for an assistant that sucks at recruiting and sucks at scheme. Why the blind spot in all of these Head guys?

Whipple can suck it. I do not question what harris is saying. To Dog a guy at a combine like that. As Pro coaches you have to wonder what is going on. You know so many people are lying to you. This kid is great or this kid sucks. When you turn on the film and what they are saying is not matching up.

Jacory couldn’t make it beyond practice squad level in the CFL. Whipple was the least of his problems. He just wasn’t very good. I cringed just about every time he threw the ball.

Shannon was a good DC. Not every good assistant is cut out to be a HC. Shalalala chose him “for reasons” just like she chose Coker. Miami didn’t do a legit HC search until Golden and hasn’t really done one since.

When Butch left, Miami should have done a national search and hired the best available coach. They didn’t and the program went down the drain because of that mistake.