It's A Process!

It was absolutely disgusting

But I really think it’s a mistake to feel like that during year 1 of a coaching regime. I’m telling you, I’ve seen some ugly losses during year ones.

That’s kind of overly exaggerated. Herbert was very good at Oregon. You can’t knock Cristobal for wanting balance over high flying passing attack and then knock one-dimensional, finesse passing teams the rest of your approach. And that’s the only reason his numbers were “very good” instead of “excellent”…Because Oregon was still physical and balanced.

The dirty secret is that Miami in their hey day was more balanced than people give them credit for.

Balance is the single most important factor to any offense imo… One dimensional teams in either direction never win the ship. The best ones can make noise, but they never go all the way.

I hope he recruits kids that are in this thing for the long hall.

Me too…But not that many exist.

Good post though Omaha…Agree with a lot of it.

While I agree that we haven’t changed the minds of our 4/5-star as they transfer/leave for the NFL, I have to ask how do (Bama, Clemson, OSU, or UGA ) get some kids to stay for a 4th or 5th year that are locks for the first round?

Well just remember 90s, they have plenty of the ones that do leave early too…They are good because they have plenty of those kids PERIOD (no matter if they leave a year early or not). And the ones that don’t is because they had to sit behind other NFLers. (and they’re probably getting some extra $$ let’s be real)

Just nitpicking with you guys…You are all making good points.

2 Likes

IT IS LIKE 90’S HAS NO UNDERSTANDING OF SPORTS……

PRO PLAYERS TAKE MONEY TO LOSE ALL THE TIME……

WHY ALL OF YOU BELIEVE HIGH SCHOOL / COLLEGE KIDS VALUE ANYTHING OVER MONEY WHEN THEY HAVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING AND MOST OF THE PROS ARE DOING IT IN THEIR 2ND OR 3RD CONTRACT PROFESSIONAL CONTRACT SHOWS LACK OF COMMON SENSE……

1. MONEY 2. PLAYING TIME 3.LOCATION………

EVERYTHING ELSE……

THE “WINNING” SCHOOLS ARE ALL PAYING THAT IS THE ONLY REASON THEY STAY……

WHAT DID BOSA DO WHEN HE HAD A CHANCE TO WIN?

STOP THE NONSENSE……

Clemson has 51 4/5 star kids. Miami has 44 or 45 and Miami had that many last year. I’d expect Miami to actually have more 4/5 star kids in 2023. Pretty much night and day.

I don’t believe location is anywhere near the top nowadays. Kids don’t care about staying home, and Miami fans tend to overrate their weather advantage

Playing time is a factor, but it differs for a lot of kids. Some kids don’t want to play for a bum team not showing well on the field.

1&3 can be connected. Miami can/should produce much bigger NIL deals due to the size of market compared to Bama, UGA, OSU, ND, ATM, Clemson, Mich, PSU… Off the top of my head: OU, USC, UCLA, Texas have larger markets and large boosters as well.

1 Like

A major problem with our teams, and has been since 2002, is the lack of PLAYER leadership and accountability. THAT is what made our teams great. We had leaders on the field then and we don’t, now. Honestly, this is the major issue on our team. Where is it? Name one leader? Back in the day we had multiple leaders. I don’t see any.

Cristobol IS the man for the job but it’s going to take some time to change the current culture that’s been, for the most part, not at a championship level. We are NOT back…yet.

I think it is the way we have recruited. Going for flash. Promising flash. Promising playing time. This is what we attracted.