Interior DL Concern

Starting to be concerned regarding interior DL. Really shocked the staff didn’t land Tunmise Adeleye which would’ve been a START to helping solve the hole of Jackson and our other departures.

To really come out okay, they really need to land like 2 of the nations top transfers at that position and so far its looking like round 1 is closing without us landing 1.

We got ran on BIG TIME with FSU and we had a better interior DL than we currently are lined up to have in 2023.

1 Like

I’m expecting Shemar and the OU NT to want in. Shemar could be a 3/5T while the OU kid is 100% a NT.

Yeah, I agree and I’m concerned to but it’s an obvious hole Mario knows he needs to fill.
Edge guys we have plenty
We added some beef to the LB corps which will help with the run.
I’m also concerned about DB and Safety.
Still need at least one more RB IMO due to injuries that will arise.
Also, still need some outside WR help. Lots of slot guys.

This class is a start for sure.

We got the ga st guy right? I feel like that’s a start as 2nd round is gonna have some upperclassmen short on the depth chart who want to prove themselves and hit the portal

To date:
Cohen- OL from Bama
Francisco- LB from Washington State
Gore- DT from George state
Brown- CB from UCF

Fully expecting more!
DT, WRx2-3, DT, IOL

High flying offenses now characterize college football. The best defenses are comprised of fleet EDGE type players capable of disrupting the passing game. These have become the defensive prototype players capable of playing on the line and also as LBs. IMO, big and clumsy are less preferable to tall, strong, and FAST, emphasis on speed.

Miami certainly was vulnerable to FSU’s rushing attack, but if Miami had a more formidable offense, we might have matched them score for score. College football games are now high scoring affairs, many games settled in the closing minutes of the fourth quarter. Our problem was we had a terrible offense, and I doubt Mario has any inclination to fire Gattis who did a miserable job. We had no rushing game and an undisciplined passing game.

The D didn’t show up knowing the O wasn’t going to score. Combined with bad LBers, two bad DBs, and fsu did what they wanted.