India (The Lancet)

1 million projected COVID deaths - just in India. Just awful.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(21)01052-7/fulltext

YEP I SAW THAT…

KEEP LETTING THEM FEED YOU STUPIDITY SHEEP…

It’s awesome how Storm has somehow because a virologist.

Remember when they projected millions of deaths in the US in the first 6 months?

Did that ever happen? I can’t remember.

I don’t remember this number at all. Certainly higher - but what you continue to ignore was that all those early numbers were if we did nothing.

They were projecting 2 million deaths and up. You don’t remember now?

BUT WHERE IS THE EXTRA DEATH COUNTS?

Ok - whatever. I do know these numbers were all based on no mitigation efforts.

But hey - only like 1,000 people really died for this right?

This is GSC’s classic selective memory.

The Imperial College of London estimate was:

• If Completely Unmitigated (no masks, lockdowns, closures)
  • Over the course of the entire epidemic (which is 1 to 2 years)
  • 2.2 millions deaths in the US

Now, given that we locked down, masked, closed schools and events and bars and restaurants, enacted distancing restrictions, and we still hit 1/4 of the projected deaths, and we’re still not done…

I’d say that initial model wasn’t that far off.

LOL. Classic GSC latching onto a headline and not reading the actual article. :laughing:

That first “projection” is not what you’re talking about since it doesn’t reference 6 months OR the United States. Try again.

I never heard of that projection. Some rando built a model and it failed. No one took that seriously. Even the article you liked explains how the projections are unrealistic.

Ditto with the second projection. Neither predict deaths in the US over 6 months. Try again.

Hilariously, even the headlines dispute it!

These guys will latch onto “6 months” lol… forget about the time period guys… there were multiple models that were released that were ridiculously over hysterical…

It’s like neither of these guys met a Jersey guy who used hyperbole when he speaks. (They still haven’t caught on to that).

And we debated them on the prior site ad nauseum. That’s the point.

Storm - these guys want to act like there weren’t multiple models the first month this thing hit spelling doom that the media ran with. Are they nuts?

LOOK AT THE CHARTS AND NUMBERS ABOVE…

Let’s remember GSC that you’re teamed up with a guy who believes treason trials are happening this year and that Trump will also be sworn in this year - all based on some shadowy internet figure no one knows.

And you want to lecture us on sources.

TICKEY FCKEN TOCKEY…

@GardenStateCane

Storms post above only reinforces my response to you.