How Many?

How many games will Miami win this year in the regular season?

The consensus over/under seems to be 8.5 wins among most betting sites.

That seems about right to me. Texas A&M and Clemson away seem to be likely losses.

Several other games against the better ACC teams would seem to be toss ups

I’ll guess 9-3 which I consider to be somewhat optimistic because 7-5, 8-4 are certainly possibilities as is 10-2, I suppose.

Of course, if TVD gets injured all bets are off. I’m assuming he stays healthy.

My impression is Miami has the most talent this season than it has had in awhile especially on offense. Still lacking depth in some places which separates the elite teams from the merely good teams. The best teams are stacked three deep at every position.

If the recruiting holds up, and no reason to think it won’t, Miami should be in very good steed quality of roster-wise in two? years time. If MC can recruit at a high level after Miami has been mediocre lo these many years, imagine what he can do if they actually win some games.

Personally, I’m looking forward to the first unironic “Fire Mario!!!” post in a game thread. I figure we’ll see that sometime in September.

This year is the honeymoon season. The e talent Mario has recruited this far has been beyond impressive. That said - we probably will lose a game or two that we shouldn’t.

Miami fans need to get used to seeing Mario stick around for a while - considering the investment made in him. But at least - finally - we’ve made a hire that has a proven track record of success.

Hope springs eternal.

Mario will find a way to lose 2-3 heart breakers like has historically done. And this is aside from the 1-2 we expect.

When has he ever lost 2-3 heart breakers + 2 games he expected to lose? His last two years he has 2 and 3 losses

Am I wrong that Oregon lost a couple heart breakers last year when they were ranked high?

At Stanford in OT
At 23 Utah
17 Utah pac12 title game

They were upset by a weak Stanford team…And yes his game day abilities seem to be ehhh somewhere in the middle. Just worded it kinda extreme.

1 Like

Miami will win 8 or 9 games this year.

Two factors impact Miami’s success this season:

No. 1. Miami must be able to rush the football successfully, especially on conversion plays, but also on first down. Miami must be able to sustain drives and be ahead of the count on early downs. Chances of success decrease when the defense knows that a hapless team must pass on every down. Gattis must live up to his reputation.

No. 2. Miami must have an elite pass rush. College football is essentially a passing game. If opposing QBs are not sufficiently oppressed, you will lose. Edge rushers need to make constant contact with QBs and disrupt QB confidence.

The teams with better players almost always win. Recruiting trumps game day coaching.
See Butch Davis for details. And more recently, Kirby Smart.

Larry Coker won a NC, two if not for an insanely bad call, game day coaching is vastly overrated IMHO.

Obviously, not there yet but put a few really good classes together in the coming years and Miami will be a NC contenda.

This one is tough. Hope we snag some good luck and hit 10. Would be great for future. That said, seemingly a ton of question marks. LB, WR, DL (even with camp reports), etc. This is not even counting whether van dyke continues progressing.

Should be fun to say the least.

I think I see 9-3 with losses to TAMU, Clemson, and Pitt. I think we beat Pitt if we’re playing earlier on in the season but have injuries pile up by the Clemson game.

WAIT IS STORM READING THIS RIGHT?

STORM GRABS HIS POPCORN :popcorn: WAITING FOR THE ATTACKS FROM ALL THE STUGOTZS….

9-10 wins ONLY if we can keep depth at running back, and we are already down 2 ballers.

10-11 WINS…

3 games into the season, the picture is much clearer.

At this point, 8 wins seems like the ceiling, 7 or 6 wins are totally possible, 9 wins seems unlikely. Aside from Clemson, I expect at least two more losses in the ACC. Miami is unlikely to win the Coastal IMHO.

Like with Richt, Enos, et al, it seems we have another OC whose scheme doesn’t fit the talent.
Maybe that will change if Miami recruits OL extremely well in the coming years. But, it seems to me that Miami has talent that is more aligned with a spread offense than a more traditional one.

It is very easy for decent teams to defend against an offense that does the expected things almost all the time. When you only score 9 points in 2022, something is very wrong with your scheme. TVD looked great at times last season under Lashlee. However, this season, he is looking pretty JAG-ish.

So, anyone who thought things would turn around quickly is going to be very disappointed. I think Miami has at least two more seasons of mediocrity before bringing in great classes has an effect. We are stuck with MC for years so hopefully, he will figure it out. We’ll see.

1 Like

IT IS LIKE NONE OF YOU PLAY FANTASY FOOTBALL OR ARE COMPLETELY BRAIN DEAD……

STORM ONE TEAM:

JEUDY
COOPER
GARRETT WILSON
JAMESON WILLIAMS (TRANSFERRED FROM OSU TO BAMA COULDN’T SEE THE FIELD)
SMITH (EAGLES)
MIKE THOMAS

BUT WHY IS IT OUR OFFENSE WASN’T GOOD LAST NIGHT?

THE #1 QB IN THE COUNTRY TRANSFERRED TO TEXAS AND STARTS DAY 1……

SERIOUSLY WHY STORM CALLS YOU GUYS STUGOTZS?

THESE HOT TAKES OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN….

DIFFERENT STAFF SAME SHIT AND GUESS WHAT THEY COMPLAIN ABOUT THIS AT ALABAMA AND OSU ALSO JUST THE TALENT COVERS IT……