How is a kid like Penix

Allowed to leave the state of Florida?

All 3 and UCF missed on this kid?

wtf man. This kid is killing it.

The kid wanted to go to FSU. Taggart decided to pass on him because the following year Jayden Daniels and Sam Howell were leaning towards FSU. Taggart had his OC who convinced him to pass on Daniels for Sam Howell. On NSD Sam decided to go to UNC, Daniels to Arizona State. That was all she wrote.

michael penix-2018

here is the picture i took of Penix at the FSU camp.

Part of my evaluation

Penix will be one of the top quarterbacks in Florida next year. He has all the tools to become a premier player and do very well at the next level. He already has some P5 offers which is no surprise.

1 Like

This is basically you and Blustein’s default blurb for every…single…player

Nothing earth shattering there.

Still didn’t answer the question. FSU not wanting him only would have helped us nab him.

Kid chose Indiana. You think he wouldn’t have taken a Miami offer?

Was this Richt’s last year year? Maybe that’s why.

I remember the 2018 cycle very well as I was still addicted to recruiting news back then…we were only going after the cream of the crop that year. I don’t remember Penix being mentioned once…he was not a target and i don’t remember anyone on the message boards campaigning for him either.

Sitkowski had verbaled early in the cycle, but as it became more clear throughout the year that he couldn’t play, we started to look elsewhere and managed to get Jarren Williams. Richt wanted Cameron Rising and Dorian Thompson-Robinson badly but we couldn’t get them to visit.

hindsight in 20/20 though…penix was nowhere near our radar

1 Like

None of the florida schools recruited him. I think the kid from bishop verot this year who committed to michigan is going to end the same way.

What a shame

So I guess guys can pretty much make a career out of college football now, right? 5, 6, 8 years at QB, grab NIL money as often as you can strike and then even if you’re a wash in the NFL hopefully you’ve invested properly and you get a nice start in life.

Flashback to 2011 and Jacory Harris had to pay back $148 worth of lap dances and meals and sit out two games too in order to make up for it with the NCAA in the Shapiro mess.

My, the world has changed.

1 Like