Hello?

Anyone here?

Yup. Intro post coming soon.

That was kind of weird… but oddly seamless. :smiley:

You are now in the shadow universe.

:rofl:

1 Like

Well I wouldn’t say seamless lol.

Obviously I don’t know how the sausage is made so I have no idea how challenging it was, but from my perspective it was pretty seamless.

I refreshed the page I was on, there was a brief message saying it was unavailable… and then this message that said i would be redirected… and i clicked the link, and then I was here. I signed in with my old credentials, and i was in like Flint :smiley:

Whatever insanity you guys did on the inside, it made for a smooth change. Nicely done!

Well that makes us feel better because it was a lot of work!

PS Just read the “Some BIG Changes Around Here” thread…

Holy crapola! Wow… Shocked. Stunned.

PPS I hope you did yourself that favor and got a good lawyer. :sarcasm: :roll_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Thank you! Shame. But thanks

1 Like

I can’t really tell but is the site still hosted on Discourse? It’s now forum.xxx rather than discourse.xxx

Not that it makes a big deal, just curious.

Also, over time I hope you appoint 1-2 other moderators so we don’t again run into the whole issue of the main guy being pressed for time. Seems like this happened twice, no need for the third strike.

P.S. I think it’s probably a positive to merge the main board with the recruiting board. Not sufficient quantity of posts to warrant separating them out. Maybe one day.

It’s still discourse. Everything is mostly the same.

I think it’s kind of inevitable, the ebb and flow of life, if you will. I’m not against appointing mods if and when there’s a need.

I was going to make another post about merging boards. I think we have too many and am looking into options now. But I want feedback from the people who mostly use those other boards.

This whole week’s been so weird.

Out of pure curiosity- why did a new domain need to be created? Was there no way to simply ban an IP?

Storm was out of control. Just very sad.

For a while both domains were up and running simultaneously. And there were some other technical conflicts with trying to use the same subdomain.

Basically, we did it this way to avoid shutting down the forum for a few days.

I am glad for the change. I look forward to having clean categories to post a conversation. I look to this forum for information on Miami. I dont get much info here in Nebraska.

1 Like

Thanks for doing it the way you did, and thinking of us. Heaven forbid we missed a few days of Storm’s posts…

PS Shout out to @skeeter for the inspiration for that quip

Thanks for all the work on this site Dallas, best wishes moving forward.

2 Likes

I was out of the loop for a few days with personal things on my end.

Wow!! Thank you, Dallas, and all who made these changes. Very much appreciated

1 Like

So much better here. Thank you.

1 Like

Present