Guys.....about this Ruiz thing

What happens with all this now? :face_vomiting:

Don’t worry…minor setback…we got this!

Figures. Either way it’ll be interesting.

Anyone know what Nevin Shapiro’s doing now? He out yet? :smiley:

This… is not great. It kind of puts a clock on the team’s resurrection. We need to perform this season or else.

Ruiz has taken a back seat in funding the team. The Mas family is more involved. Miami needs to win but there are plenty of backers.

2 Likes

Is the investigation something the program needs to worry about?

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article291102645.html

Well, that didn’t end well.

I always suspected this Ruiz thing was too good to be true. And I never really understood how LifeWallet made money. Their business model sounded a bit Shapiro-esque to me.

I guess he isn’t paying for an on campus stadium now …

Miami needs a new sugar daddy. One of you guys needs to step up!!!

He still has years left on his sentence. He was released from prison and put in home confinement at a relative’s house in 2020 during the COVID thing. He still faces civil suits from the government and his victims.

Whenever you see the words “Medical Claims” in any new company’s profile…it’s time to throw your go-bag into the back-seat of the car and look for the closest on-ramp to the interstate.

What am I missing? He WAS a huge doner and his company is going in the tank. There have been more impactful doners for 3 years now.

Why would someone with so much money risk it with something like this? The guy was a self made rich guy. It seems like a Ponzi scheme.