Glad we're paying kids nowadays...Better get those checks out soon**

NM lol

Ruiz is increasing the budget because it is working. The most important factor: will these kids be the ones the WORK for wins or just work for likes on social.

Yup it’s honestly unchartered territory

But it’s an experiment for us and everyone…Will huge NIL kids be “football-first” kids?

1 Like

I think we all acknowledge the close relationship between recruiting and winning. Too, we perceive we’re entering into uncharted territory with the specter of NIL payments.

Miami has invested heavily to resuscitate its football program. It would be foolish not to continue aggressively pursuing the best talent possible. Mario has a distinct of vision for putting together a squad that exhibits talent together with a sense of wholesome unity. Though this season is a horrid disappointment, an understatement, we also recognize that teams can be uplifted rapidly even in one year’s time through superior recruiting and the addition of talent through the portal.

Mario has established himself historically as a star recruiter, however, he must also be able to evaluate critically his coaching staff, starting, I think, with the goal of installing an uptempo spread offense, something similar to what we’ve seen at Tennessee. No way would I retain Gattis. Like Enos, Gattis has not been a good fit at UM.

Year in and year out, I’ve lamented our not hiring Mike Leach. Just think how Miami would have fared had we hired Leach following Coker. To be sure the stadium would have few empty seats, because fans love the Air Raid wherever Leach has gone. If we cannot have Leach, we need someone from his coaching tree or someone similar, say perhaps an under the radar up and comer. Here’s a list of coaches who under Leach became successful collegiate winners: Art Briles, Jeff Choate, Sonny Dykes, Greg McMacklin, Dana Holgersen, Seth Littrell, Lincoln Riley, Dave Aranda, Sonny Cumbie, Kliff Kingsbury, Josh Heupel, Ken Wilson, and Eric Morris.

Two air raid championships!
OU under mangino in 1999 was one of them.
Auburn under Gus in 2011 was the other.

Maybe Tennessee or USCw win one this year.

Todd Monkin is the type of OC we need. He has coached in pro spread, air raid, i formation pro, pistol… guy runs what the D will give him with the talent on the field.

I would also be ok with Joe Brady as he has been under Sean Payton, Dorsey, won a Natty… I just don’t know if we can pull him from the NFL.

Malzahn’s offense air raid???

He is from the Raid tree but runs a spread. Was trying to be generous.

If we are going PURE Air Raid, OU 1999 was the only one. Everyone else has run a spread or pro-spread offense.