Gattis

Good lord, the guy is Enos 2.0. ZEROOOOO adapting to what a defense is doing and just meat head calls while slowing lining up every time. Didn’t like the hire before with the slow ass Michigan plays…Dude frustrates the hell outta me. We NEED an uptempo, adapting offense!!!

1 Like

How do I turn on my TV and see Corey Flagg and Corey Ivey starting on defense?

It’s disheartening.

2 Likes

OH yah, D is a mess as well, but I can see Gattis trash as it happens.

I’m not usually the reactionary type but Gattis should be fired at halftime. He shouldn’t make it through the game. That display at the goal line was disgusting.

DC is not fairing any better. That was holding too!

Guys getting lost for sure. UGH.

If anyone thought they had a chance during the last drive, they’re delusional. Forget the fact that TVD’s pass was slightly tipped on that last play. He wasn’t throwing it to ANYONE.

I’m giving Cristobal a pass this season. I get it. But frankly people would have a better use of their time doing literally anything else than going to our remaining home games. We might beat Duke. Maybe. FSU and Pitt will be a mess.

This team sucks.

So tired of being tired of being disappointed. Yeah…

1 Like

Completely captured how I’ve felt for the past 5-6 years.

Once Richt’s team lost those last games after going 10-0, I was done.

I didn’t watch anything under Diaz. Love him as a coordinator. Hated him as a HC.

I have very similar feelings for Cristobol.

I’m ok with Cristobal. Sadly I think his coordinators will be his undoing if he doesn’t address them.

1 Like

When TVD goes no huddle, he’s brilliant. When they slow it down, they struggle. Gattis has to see it. I know one thing though. The receivers definitely played better tonight. We will be fine, but we have a lot of work to do.

Does he see it though? Does he?

I’m telling you - Cristobal to Gattis may end up being like Golden was to D’onfiro. Too stubborn to admit his scheme isn’t working.

This year and next will suck. Might be worth it to go do something else and then come back for 2024……maybe. But hell - even then we’ll probably find a way to lose to FIU. Again.

I’m telling you. So many of these kids feel like they can put the U helmet on and expect to win. No one is intimidated by this team. Nor should they be. We’re a mediocre D2 team. At best.

He has to or he’s blind or arrogant.

I’m actually pleasantly surprised by the offensive changes this past game. Still doesn’t excuse not scoring more, but it was nothing like the previous games this year. There was tempo and rpo’s called.

The fact that we have to go for it so many times after having the ball 1st and goal is unacceptable

1 Like

I completely agree! It WAS refreshing to see that Gattis CAN change how he calls a game. That is what I was actually impressed with…Still the team is a mess, going to take time for sure.

I think Gattis is gone after this season. I felt the same way about him when he first got here. Stepping stone for him. Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think he was the first choice of MC.
I think Steele stays but if he does leave I wonder how Strong would do as DC?

I mean we really do have some talented coaches on staff, overall. Elite recruiting staff for sure.

1 Like

If you toss out the Bethune game, Miami is only averaging about 20 points/game.

Those are Enos-like numbers.

Unless the scoring improves dramatically, Gattis should be fired at the end of the season.

Looking at the rest of the schedule, Miami will be lucky to eke out 6 wins. 7 if they get lucky. 5 or less is totally possible. This is not a good team and Gattis has made it even worse. Not being able to score points is kind of an issue.

2 Likes

Very very frustrating offense to watch. Very non-threatening, very inefficient. I get that there is some argument to lack of talent to have a threatening attack (eg no burner on the outside to take the top off) and that just condenses the field on defense (which we already do with our routes as well).

The inefficiency though. Good god. Thank god for Iowa or else people would recognize us. I feel like I’m at a pg13 strip club. Or having my last meal cooked by a MasterChef Jr contestant. I really wanted a good steak but they tell me this spaghetti and meatballs is pretty good for a 9 yo making it. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

D II bound

1 Like