Gattis OC

Apples and oranges, personnel wise. If Miami had Michigan’s linemen and RB’s …

And his QB’s were not TVD-quality.

This is a much better hire than I was expecting. I think he’ll be fine. Hopefully, he believes in WR making their blocks instead of faking them like most do.

As far as the text, if the story is even true, I imagine he inquired about a raise and/or replacing Harbaugh as HC and got a lukewarm response. When Harbaugh leaves, I think Michigan will hire an established HC not an up and coming coordinator or position coach.

I only hope he respects Miami’s sacred tradition of running 180 pound backs into a stacked box on 3rd and 4th downs.

I believe they put it in his contract. :smirk: :rofl:

Justin’s review of Gattis.

Roman’s review

Michigan DC goes to Ravens

Harbaugh has talks with Vikings

Gattis asks hey if he goes do i promoted

UM said nope…he said alright I’m out

Welcome to the U

Dude Harbaugh really F-ed this up. I get looking at other options, and who knows what really happen (did the Vikings turn him down or did he turn them down?), but to then come back and say “this is where I want to be”……and right after they beat OSU* and make the playoff………

I heard recruits might not want to introduce Gattis to their mommas.

I’ll bite…Why?

I heard that too

“Allegedly”

Kid committed to UM then transferred to Texas i think

Gotta love Google

Xavier Worthy’s mom allegedly.

She’s a good lookin lil lady

I ain’t gonna lie. If I were him, I probably would have done it too. She’s hot!

2 Likes

Love the hire, but hope and pray he makes adjustments with regards to our O line. IF his offense NEEDS the perfect O line, it’ll be exposed…IF not, worth every penny!

1 Like

^^^^^^
Basically where I’m at with this. This has the potential to be really good if he can adjust some until we get the necessary big uglies.

I like the Gattis hire. I watched quite a few Michigan games this year, and they were a very physical bunch. When it was third and short, Michigan played smash mouth football. Miami’s offensive woes are not related to the passing game. We need to be able to rush the football. I like having two backs in the backfield, especially in the red zone. I thought Gattis gave a great opening interview.

1 Like

100% on this. Dude is sharp, for sure. I am interested to see how he tailors the offense to the skill players Miami has. I don’t think there is any comparison between TVD and Mcnamara. Miami has a pretty diverse set of WRs. Some of his split zone plays he ran at Michigan with a RB in the slot will be deadly getting Rooster or Smith in space.

Don’t become too enamored of Gattis.

If he has a successful season or two at Miami, he’ll likely get plucked for a HC job somewhere which is amazing because … you know … racism.