FSU Much Improved

In watching the FSU/LSU game, I expected LSU to command the trenches. Surprisingly, what I saw was just the opposite. It was FSU that dominated in the trenches on both sides of the ball. It was LSU that looked like it was suffering from a rebuilding year not the Seminoles. At times, LSU’s defense reminded me of Miami’s, especially on 3rd and long where FSU repeatedly converted pass plays

Brian Kelly is off to an inauspicious start playing in the West Division of the SEC facing one of the most difficult schedules in college football. Fans in Baton Rouge are not known for their patience.

Meanwhile, FSU had a commendable first game, and the Seminoles don’t appear to be a cakewalk in the ACC. I’d like to compare FSU with Miami, but I find it difficult to do since we played a cupcake team that couldn’t exert any pressure on our QBs who both had field days. One thing is for certain, FSU does have a pass rush as evidenced against the Tigers.

After the Seminole victory, Norvell’s hot seat has cooled down some. FSU is definitely on the rise.

You must of missed game one for FSU against the D3 school. 47-7 .

You’re right. I missed the game.

All of the big three schools in Florida are looking good. Florida has a terrific QB, and FSU’s defense dominated LSU. In advance, I worry about the FSU game this year. Our defense was porous on occasion even against BC.

I miss your commentary in the Shelter. Your posts were always worthy contributions, and your financial insights were well-conceived.