FSU got screwed

I only came by to say this. You mean to tell me that an undefeated conference champion that went 2-0 against the SEC gets left out because the QB got hurt? I will now return to my hiatus.

3 Likes

The NCAA should be ashamed of themselves.

The message is- it doesn’t matter if you win out. Even if you did it with your 3rd string qb.

We decide who makes it. Fuck you!

FSU deserves that game. I don’t care if they are the big underdog. They did it. They qualified.

If I were FSU- I’d sue the shit out of the selection committee.

I am not a litigious person, but I have to say that I totally agree with this. The ACC should jump in as plaintiffs… And I would include the NCAA, ESPN, and ABC as co-defendants.

Shame.

All I know is that if Jordan Travis is the only player that matters on that’s entire FSU squad, he should be an absolute lock for the Heisman since he clearly carried that entire team. :roll_eyes:

The first team from a power 5 that has gone undefeated AND won their Conference Championship to be snubbed.

And let’s be clear…. There are REAL MONETARY damages.

I agree the ACC should join the suite. I hope they do it quickly.

Shit- I hope the court freezes all bowl games until they hear it out.

Fuck the NCAA. Hopefully it’ll be one step to destroying this bullshit organization once and for all.

Pretty shocked they got knocked out. I was surprised Texas made it in, actually. Didn’t think there was a chance

I’m with you, GSC.

The ENTIRE POINT of a 4-game playoff is to guarantee an undefeated team doesn’t get snubbed. That’s it.

For a big team like FSU to get kicked for a pair of 1-loss teams is an outrage.

That being said, I fucking despise Florida and Florida St so…such is life. Hook em Horns!

You’\re not a Miami fan so you won’t remember, but we always felt snubbed out of the title game in 2000. We had an early loss to Washington but it was our only one. We beat FSU in our head-t-head game.

Unfortunately, that was FSU’s only loss and it was a “stronger” loss since we were a better team than Washington. Which meant THEY went to the title game even though we had beaten them head to head.

So there’s definitely some schadenfreude now, but it’s still a disgrace to the sport.

Not in general…but, I do want the old school, felon football of Miami back.

1 Like

Not many are talking about this, but frankly, I thought Texas was the biggest reach here. I know, I know… Bama lost to Texas, but I think today, Bama is a better football team.

Everyone is talking like Bama stole FSU’s spot, but I think Texas did.

1 Like

This is EXACTLY how I feel about this mess.

On the one hand, fuck FSU… but on the other, this was an utter disgrace, and terrible for college football cuz if it happened to FSU, it could happen to anyone. Snubbing a FSU to allow one of the old blue bloods in… disgraceful. The only thing I am grateful for is that at least it wasn’t * that benefitted. I guess the committee could not abide a CFP without an SEC Team. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I think my team might get their faces kicked in, actually.

Randall “Thrill” Hill approves of this message. :wink:

1 Like

Unfortunately, there were five teams deserving in being in the playoffs. FSU certainly did everything in its power to secure a position, including playing several games and winning them all without their star player and team QB. While I feel Alabama at the moment may be the best team in the country, it’s awful what happened to the Seminoles. Obviously, there should be more teams in the playoff so this never happens again.

IMO, Saben did his best coaching job this year of any prior years. After losing to Texas, most Tide fans felt Milroe would never be successful at QB. Saben tried all the other QBs on his roster including the kid from Notre Dame who failed to impress, and he told his offensive coordinator to create an offense in which Milroe would succeed. Things continued to look grim. The Tide played their worse game against USF, almost losing the game. USF was the low water mark. Following that game, Milroe started improving. He didn’t look too good doing it, but he had a penchant for orchestrating chunk plays. His rushing ability and avoidance skills kept the Tide in games. Still Tide fans weren’t sold on Milroe, but each week his numbers increased. Milroe then proceeded in throwing and rushing for hundreds of yards, scoring multiple TDs in each game. The Tide was winning but they continued looking ugly doing it, and fans still even now have anxiety about Milroe regressing.

Stopping Milroe is indeed a problem. LSU couldn’t do it, Auburn ALMOST did it, and No 1 Georgia, winner of 29 straight games, lost their 30th game to the Milroe-led Tide.

I think Alabama rolls Michigan, because Michigan has never faced anyone like Milroe. Nor has Michigan faced a team with three All-American quality linebackers. Alabama just has more players than Michigan, especially on offense. Burton and Bond are great receivers and the Tide has exceptional RBs.

Living part time in Alabama, I’ve learned to love the state. There is no place on earth where football fans are as rabid as in Alabama. In the Spring during the A-Game practice game, nearly 100,000 fans turn out for a practice game. No other team in America has matching fan loyalty. Nick Saban is probably the best collegiate coach of all time, beating out a legend in Paul Bryant who was next best. It’s really easy to be Tide fan; they almost never disappoint you. Saben knows what to do when it is time for Victory Formation.

It’s insanity…BUT do you really think that they would leave out the almighty SEC? No way!
It’s absolute stupidity to punish a school becuase their star QB broke his leg and because you “think” they can’t compete now because of this. Honestly, I truly believe had Travis NOT been hurt they would have made the same decision but now they get to hide behind the injury.

I hope Michigan or Texas or Washington win. And I hope Bama gets blown out by UM.

I’m hit or miss on First Take but Stephan A is a 'Bama homer and Paul Finebaum is an SEC homer. Paul is absolutely arrogant about the SEC and really ridiculed the ACC. I can’t watch the guy.

So, the logic is that just becuase the SEC is the best conference in college football they HAVE to be in it each year? So you leave out a “lesser” conference just to appease the almighty SEC?

So, apply this logic to the NFL. The 1985 Patriots shouldn’t have played the Bears? What if we think the AFC North is the best division in football? Do we put that AFC North champ into the AFC title game without going through any other playoff games? What if the AFC North champ loses Lamar Jackson or Burrow or Watson? Do they then get kicked out of the AFC championship game?

Listen, it’s a business and it’s all about money. Always has been and now with NIL it always will be and the lesser conferences will get shafted. I am truly hoping that the playoff structure next year will remedy some of this. At least it helps to level the playing field and hope that a Boise St. can prove that it belongs and beat OU.

Bikki, I am not sold on Milroe…At least not know. He was not very good passing the football against UGA. The biggest thing that no one brings up is UGA was a shell of the team they were. Amaris Mims was their starting LT and will be a first round pick. He did not play. Bowers and McConkey. They had another starting WR out. This version of UGA was not the number one team. Georgia had like 5-6 other players out. Alabama played LSU and until Jayden Daniels went out the game was tied and LSU could have won. He got injured and Bama won. Alabama was in a 4th and 30 and threw a miracle pass…and Auburn decided to rush two on the final play and should have lost.

As for Michigan…The Wolverines are very good. This version of Michigan ran 32 straight times against Penn State. They knew they what was coming and could not stop it. Against Ohio State they got the ball with 8 plus minutes left in the game and Michigan took the ball and ran it down their throats and basically ran the clock out. Michigan is going to beat Michigan. Washington has also been looked over by the experts. This version of Washington has the best set of receivers in the country. They also have the best QB in college football this year.

As for FSU…They got screwed. Miami got screwed in 2001. FSU went unbeaten and they did what was asked of them. You watch that watch party by FSU players, coaches and support staff…It was devestating for them. I was told by experts that being in the ACC would not hurt FSU, I disagreed. They said as long as FSU goes unbeaten they will never not get chosen…That is a lie. If its about the best match ups we would have never gotten a Butler team making it to the final four. Just put KU, UNC, Duke and Kentucky in the final four every year. T

Somehow Milroe comes out on top, Fish. It’s hard betting against Saban. His offensive coordinator called a helluva game against Georgia. What beat Georgia was Alabama’s misdirection. Milroe wins ugly but damned if he doesn’t win. I don’t see Michigan smashmouthing its way through Alabama.

Auburn should have won the Iron Bowl. The key play was the huge failure on special teams when the Auburn kid muffed the kickoff and the Tide recovered. Then, the 4th and 31 play was a play that would fail nine out of ten attempts. What made it work was the misdirection which bothered Georgia the entire game. Next year, Auburn is going to be a contending team. Freeze is the real deal.

Auburn folks haven’t had a lot to cheer about for a long time. They’re overdue for some success. In visiting Southern universities, the two places I enjoyed most were Oxford, MS and Auburn, AL. Both are class operations.

FSU fans have a right to be angry. What happened is awful.

I agree about betting against Saban. That being said - georgia best two players on offense were hurt. If bowers is a 100 percent along with their wr they win the game. Bama is not elite this year. I expect michigan to beat them 23-17 type game. Ohio state has better skill players than bama and michigan shut them down.

FSU went 2-0 against SEC teams. Bama went 9-0 against SEC teams.

FSU was 55th in strength of schedule, Bama 5th.

Anyone who watched FSU’s last two games without Travis (and even the Miami game in Tally with him) can’t honestly say that at the end of the season, they were one of the four best teams.
They had only 200 yards total offense against Louisville’s lame defense. If they had curb stomped Louisville and UF, even without Travis, they would have made the Final Four. As it stands, they very unimpressively squeaked by both teams and here we are. Without Travis, I don’t think the present version of FSU is even a top ten team; they are that much weaker without him. If they had a decent backup QB, perhaps another matter. Meanwhile Bama closed out the season by beating what was considered to be the best team in the nation, a team that hadn’t lost in two years. Trends matter.

The committee is tasked with picking the four “best” teams at the end of the season. I think they got it right. But, it is a subjective judgment and the teams on the fringe will always feel they got screwed over. For the record, I would put UGA fifth, not FSU.

1 Like