FSU Advancing

My first sighting of Mike Norvell was during the FSU-Notre Dame game. Norvell did a crap job of coaching that day, and FSU lost the game because of it. I was convinced at that point that Norvell was another mediocre head coach. I was wrong.

FSU improved substantially last season. I didn’t see the coaching faux pas I saw in the Notre Dame game. Norvell may even be a better recruiter than Mario whose chief claim fame is recruiting. As I track, the national recruiting, it looks to me like FSU is knocking it out of the park.

As a sports fiend, I like making predictions. You’ll recall I predicted the ascendancy of Nick Saban at Alabama after he ingloriously deserted the Miami Dolphins. I believe Norvell is truly a top tier coach, and FSU will win handily the ACC. Regrettably, I see FSU a step ahead of the Canes.

This season is huge for FSU. They have put everything into this season.

Starting Lineup…

QB-Jordan Travis -Transfer
RB-Trey Benson-Transfer
Slot-Winston Wright-Transfer
WR-Deon Coleman-Transfer
WR-Johnny Wilson-Transer
TE-Jaheim Bell-Transfer
OT-Jeremiah Byers-Transfer
OT-Bless Harris-Transfer
OG-Dimitri Mitchell-Transfer
OG-Casey Roddick-Transfer
C-Maurice Smith

DE-Jared Verse-Transfer
DE-Gilber Edmond-Transfer
DT-Fabien Lovett-Transfer
DT-Darrell Jackson-Transfer
LB-Tatum Bethune-Transfer
LB-Kalen Deloach
DB-Fentrell Cypress-Transfer
DB-Greedy Vance-Transfer
DB-Akeem Dent
DB-Shyheim Brown
DB-Renard Green

17 of the 22 starters are transfers. Thev have spent most of their NIL money on these transfers. I am not a huge fan of building your team this way. If this team loses to an LSU and Clemson to start the year how will all these players they rented for a year will perform if they have nothing left to play for.

1 Like