Nothing yet so here goes.
JJ Dunigan (sp) in on first series. I know, we’re banged up but good for him.
3 runs. All push. Long TD run.
I know, it’s FAMU.
Nothing yet so here goes.
JJ Dunigan (sp) in on first series. I know, we’re banged up but good for him.
3 runs. All push. Long TD run.
I know, it’s FAMU.
Oops! Guess we had the same idea. ![]()
I half expected it typing as slow as I do. Sorry.
Sheesh. Looked like the easy button. 14-0
Bout to be 42-0 I suspect based on how it’s been. They look motivated still.
Pringle and Mallory doing some good stuff.
It was nice seeing a couple true freshman making plays too. Looking forward to seeing more younger guys and backups in the 2nd half.
Speed watched to catch up to the live broadcast.
Mensah has fantastic touch and man can he deliver a ball in stride.
So when do they switch to the running clock? ![]()
What I liked about this game is spreading the ball around to a ton of folks. This was another preseason game for us and we used it as such. Good job.
However, ONLY 2 sacks on FAMU is still pretty bad. Good to see Lightfoot get it but nothing from Wilson in 2 games?
Nickel also looked good.
This is the kind of game that you want to see because “style” points will matter.
The talking heads are saying this win will hurt us with the selection committee if it comes down to votes for us for the CFP. They call it the “pay to slay”.
What the fuck??? EVERY DAMN TEAM IN THE POWER 4 does it.
They all play bad teams but they don’t all play FCS teams. We have no reason to play FAMU. Oklahoma played UTEP last week and won 51-0. Michigan, that team who caught all the hell last week just beat them. Next week they get UTEP. At least that’s an FBS team. We do get one following the Wake conference game on Friday. It’s Central Michigan. I still don’t love the opponent but they’d smoke FAMU if they played. Money, bands at halftime, I’ve heard the reasons but still…we don’t need to play FCS games.
I’d prefer a lower power 4 team but upper non power 6 is OK if you’ve got ND or Florida on the schedule. Mensah looked great Thursday…then Nichol came in and went 8 for 8 and 3 TDs in the 2nd half. This was a high school team folks. It was IMG Academy vs. Bishop Sycamore. Really bad and yeah, if we don’t take care of business, we could get dinged for the schedule.
I agree that we should not be playing an FCS team. Granted we took care of business and got everyone playing time but we need to move up a bit with our schedule. Honestly though, as long as we win the ACC it really doesn’t matter other than seeding. It’s like when we were in the Big East, just win the conference and get a CFP bid.
Also, Michigan isn’t a good team and it looks like we dodged the Mateer bullet. We ended up with the right guy.