Dumb Facebook Post

I was on Facebook this morning and came across the dumbest posts you’d ever see. Someone posted that CMC said that all positions are open. (We all know that’s coach speak.) The poster showed enthusiasm because he thinks that the QB position is really ‘open’. Show of hands of anyone who thinks TVD won’t be starter… None? Yeah, that’s what I thought too. I just find it amazing that everyone saw what TVD could do out there, and some fans still want to see someone else. I don’t care who starts so long as we are winning. That said, if it’s not broke, don’t fix it.

There are plenty of QB’s that struggle to maintain first year success. Kedon Slovis fell off a cliff after his second year.

If there is one position where a star can fall, it’s QB. Every other position is pretty tough to go backwards at the college level.

I would expect an “open competition” but with preference given towards TVD, much like it was with King when he transferred in. TVD has the experience unlike the other 2 scholarship QBs and CMC has mentioned him by name as being one of the best in the country.

No way TVD loses the spot unless he’s injured.

I agree. Sure, he could have a sophomore slump, but he’s going to have to “earn” getting benched.

Overall the guy played lights out last year.

1 Like

The only weak spot was his completion % which was in the low 60’s. Need to adjust that for easy throws/throwaways etc but he has room to improve there IMO.

I like the fact that Garcia is still pushing him.

That was your first mistake… Closed my account with that cesspool more than a year ago.

Barring injury TVD will be the game 1 starter. He will need to stink for a couple of games to lose his starting position. My guess is that they will have a package for Garcia and bring him in for a series / couple of plays almost every game

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl: