Dogshit offense

They showed an early stat during the game where TVD had like 0 completions above 5 yards, or it was a very low percentage. There were a lot of drops.

I understand shortening the field in those circumstances BUT you don’t have a lot of wiggle room when it’s 2nd and 30. You either need to try to win the game or… let the QB run for 25 yards? I don’t know…

And Lashlee couldn’t get a 3rd and 2 to save his life… There’s pros and cons to both.

Works if you have the horses for that scheme. Miami simply doesn’t at this time.

It isn’t? Line just pushed around an SEC west front 7…And we have Chaney coming back hopefully midseason to help contribute further to the power running game.

Do we have everything he wants? No…But we look really good (basically in one offseason) as a running team right now.

Yep. OC hire was critical for me as it showed Mario’s plan. A guy like Lebby meant he was going to be hands off and let the OC do his thing. A guy who was “power and methodical” meant we were going to see losses like today. Thats Gattis. It’s not a plan to outscheme for a win.

Ehhh…He got players in space and was really explosive in both run and pass at Michigan last year despite his best downfield WR out.

I wouldn’t write him off just yet. But yes we are definitely going to have more of a smash mouth element. Let’s hope it opens up other things, and soon.

Yup…Just as big as QB play right now. That game AT LEAST goes to wire with drops…Hell our last play of the game gets us inside the 40. Hit him in the facemark.

I wouldn’t say write off. It’s just obvious what the style is gonna be and that style doesn’t mesh well with our current roster. And my concern is that its TBD if it will ever mesh with our roster. We’re gonna just jam objects into round holes until we happen to grab a round peg.

Our stable of backs? The OL we got coming in and we’re already running it well on an SEC tough front 7?

I don’t see where “fit” will be a problem.

Tell me again about what a great fit the WR, route trees and QB decision making is with our current roster.

It seems like we’ve got a plan for long developing routes and timing plays but 1) we don’t have WRs that can execute in that fashion and 2) we don’t have a QB that’s comfortable in that scheme reading the whole field. So we’ve got at least a passing offense that doesn’t mesh with our players and it’s not clear that it will in the future.

What offense would the WRs be a fit for right now?

And a QB has to make a decision in any offense and it’s always possible there’s an adjustment period.

Quick hitting routes. Some screens. More RPO. Need a quicker, more QB friendly passing attack.

The implication that our WR corps is worse than a sun belt team doesn’t square with reality. They’re not elite for sure, but that’s part of the job as a coach is to maximize what you’ve got.

For the record: defense is playing above their level. Even Ivey (!) looked good last night. OL has taken a huge step forward. Run game looks solid despite not having a home run threat. There are positives to this regime so far. This passing attack though is inefficient and below talent level.

I didn’t say anything about Sun Belt…I just think you are overplaying the personnel thing. We have a variety of different style WRs. The overall talent level there has to improve.

And I agree with most of the rest what you say.

We had a $2 budget the past 20 years.

The context of this post says a lot. The absolute truth of the situation. This team is better this year than last from a wholistic standpoint. Next year will be even better.

1 Like

I will be interested in seeing how long we keep our current staff.
It’s a stepping stone for Gattis, I think.
Steele I can see finishing his career here.
Strong is a head coach in waiting…somewhere.
Mario and Mirabel are lifers, joined at the hip.

Staff turnover is par for the course and I think Mario has assembled a top tier staff. Love the addition of Jason Taylor, Highsmith, Reed.

I really think Mario will win a ship or two here.

I’m not a fan of where the college football world is going with regards to NIL and transfer portal but it is what it is and I think Mario knows he will have to play that game.

1 Like

I hope so…I love old time, hard-nosed, defensive coordinators

Strong is a head coach in waiting…somewhere.

Ehhh…Kinda was already?