Couple brief thoughts

1. Not going to dwell too much…And I’m not jumping off Cristobal bandwagon. I’ve seen bad bad losses (especially out of conference, sandwich game, etc.) in year one (Sometimes year 2) of new regimes. And then those coaches go on to do a lot of good things there. This staff is full of recruiting aces…They better be just that to sell where we are at right now.

BUT…

1. There are some major red flags with Gattis imo. I’m no genius offensive mind by any means…If you have to have the best OL in the country, the best RB in the country, etc…to make your system work. If you seemingly have nothing resembling a hot route. God damn…You aren’t doing ANY your QB any favors. I’m patient. But you shouldn’t struggle THAT BAD with QB talent for all 4 quarters against THAT opponent. I don’t care who is out. WTF is Frank Ponce doing btw?

2. I do not understand some of our personnel decisions. Why bring in Caleb Johnson if you are going to watch Corey Flagg in cement play over him? DJ Ivey off the only game in his caereer…Well, he went back to DJ Ivey of the first 4 years. Watch 4 years of his tape and every single Miami fan anywhere could tell you he shouldn’t be on the line with the game on the line…the kid is fucking awful. Why when we need to get off the field with 10 mins left int he game are Moultrie and Lich the DT? I understand you rate DL throughout the game. But your war daddy Jackson needs to be on the field in that situation, and Taylor gets penetration better than the rest.

Blades can’t play safety worth a lick…

It’s like there’s favoritism being shown to players he didn’t even recruit.

Oh well, new regime…Shit happens. Gattis has a lot to prove though…Is it the end of the world for Van Dyke to regress or struggle in a new system? No, it happens…Takes a half year, and obviously much of his explosion last year was against some weak defenses. But regress this much? How many unsuccessful dives up the middle? Just bad, bad, bad…And even when the play calling isn’t bad…We do not execute either. To put in really over simplistic terms…If Van Dyke was an 8 last year…Why can’t he be a 6/6.5 this season? He’s basically a 4 on a scale from 1-10.

Team is a mess right now, let’s see where it goes.

I’ve never bought into this. I don’t believe in “recruiting aces”…. I believe in big bags and bigger bags…. And Miami doesn’t have big bags.

I just don’t think his system fits our players. If this were 10-20 years ago and we were still in love with pro style, run to set up the pass…. Cool. But this team has been recruited to run a much more open, wider system.

I think this is Mario’s biggest whiff.

Complete scrub.

Ummm…we kinda do now? Maybe not the “biggest” bags, but we are definitely in a lot better situation than some other teams. You don’t think Rashada and Mauigao are being taken care of thru Ruiz?

just don’t think his system fits our players. If this were 10-20 years ago and we were still in love with pro style, run to set up the pass…. Cool. But this team has been recruited to run a much more open, wider system.

Kinda here too, especially in the run game…And I’d rather Gattis see this and adapt but apparently he (and Cristobal) have no desire to. They aren’t the “adapt to your players type” (I would prefer that as well, or AT LEAST some wrinkles, meet half way etc). Unless it is the tight end in the flat…there is apparently no quick passing element in Gattis’ offense.

The good news is we are recruiting them (and hopefully Chaney and Citizen will enjoy running behind them)

I think the NIL situation has diluted any impact Ruiz would have made. He’s a few years too late IMHO.

Can’t see how anyone can say that…

Ruiz IS NIL

As good as Cristobal is as a recruiter and as much as a lock as he is to bring in talent. Players like Wayne, Mauigao, Rashada…to a team that hasn’t been prominent in ages, all off jump street wouldn’t have happened.

I think we are in a nice situation with NIL and it will give us a high floor moving forward.

1 Like

I believe this year was the first time in history that our collective preseason optimism proved to be without foundation.

“Wait 'til next year”, they said for the 18th season in a row.

1 Like

THIS IS TRUE AND WHY STORM SAID MIAMI WOULD BE FINE……

NOW MONEY IS THERE AND THE CHOICE BECOMES LIVE IN MIAMI OR ALABAMA……

MIAMI OR GAINESVILLE…….

THIS ALSO MEANS ALL THESE COACHES WERE COACHING WITH BOTH HANDS TIED BEHIND THEIR BACKS……

THAT IS HOW YOU LOSE AMARI COOPER AT THE END AMONG OTHERS….

1 Like

Agree it’s too early to throw the towel in on Mario. My measuring stick is this offseason and whether Gattis moves on or his position changes. I’m largely happy with coaching staff but 1) didn’t like the Gattis hire and 2) think Ponce was a weak hire. Given how this season has gone so far I’m not surprised.

Dump Ponce and/or Gattis and bring in a Lashlee type passing game coordinator and/or WR coach. If he doesn’t, Mario is just another weak hire, albeit costlier.

https://twitter.com/romancane/status/1574037437604659202?s=42&t=ZSJB7gqhy9wmBXXibD_sJg

YOU SEE THIS?

HERE ROMAN SAYS KITCHENS GOT LUCKY BECAUSE THE DEEP WR GOT BEHIND THE CORNER……

THEY WERE IN MAN COVERAGE AND KITCHENS HAD THAT WR……

ANYONE SEE ANYTHING DIFFERENT?

THE COVERAGE SEEMS CLEAR THE OPPOSITE CB COMES ACROSS WITH THAT WR……

THAT DEEP WR WAS COVERED DEEP BY THE CB THAT HAD HIM AND THE CB STOPPED DEEP NOT EARLY……

IF HE HAD DEEP HELP THAT CB SHOULD HAVE PICKED UP KITCHENS WR……

HURRICANES EXPERT COACHING TWITTER……

Everyone knows cristobal is not a super game day coach but yesterday proved once again that our recruiting clas rankings have been much exaggerated and overrated by recruiting services. Some of these South fla kids only get ranked highly because of where they’re located.

Our talent level is piss poor and has been for years. Only way out is to lure in obvious big fish recruits by dropping huge bags

This is all most of us are saying Storm!

I understand your point…Now you need to understand “among other reasons”

AMONG OTHER REASONS WHICH THERE COULD BE SOME BUT MONEY AND PLACE ARE USUAL THE BIG ONES ESPECIALLY MONEY……

“THE OTHERS” WAS OTHER PLAYERS WE HAD WE LOST TO MONEY……

WHEN HOU RECRUIT A GUY THAT TELLS YOU HE IS COMING AND DOESN’T AT THE END USUALLY EVERY TIME IT IS MONEY….

Oh gotcha

Both apply

Money yes…But product on field whether you want to admit it or not, is a big factor for some