Condensed TAM Game

After a really bad start, some good, some bad, ultimately more good.

A win against a good SEC team. Maybe Miami has turned a corner?

As has been my wont the past two seasons, I didn’t watch the game live. (Much less stressful.)
Was surprised it wasn’t a night game. Attendance would have been doubled for a night game.

1 Like

No opinions shall be formed until week 5 or 6.

Lol come on GSC

That’s a big step…Especially when you dominate like we did (blow out without giving them a blocked punt and muff punt drive both starting inside our 15)

I have no problem wanting to see more long run, but that was a nice performance.

2 Likes

Imagine taking away 14 points from the blocked and dropped punt?! They did not fold!

Was it clean? No, but hot damn we are seeing true progress.

BESIDES YOUNG IT IS ALMOST ALL MANNY DIAZ’S PLAYERS NO?

HIS LAST BEST CLASS……

I can’t believe we actually beat a team that is more talented than we are….that is a good sign. We always seemed to get physically dominated by better equipped teams in the past

TBH, (and it has been AGES since I thought this way) I think that happened because Miami was better coached.

All of sudden Hurricane football is fun again. We’re always talking about making adjustments. Mario did just that; he adjusted the coordination on offense and defense. The results were excellent game day coaching, excellent calls on both sides of the ball, and players executing winning strategies. It has been a long while since we’ve seen this at UM.

1 Like

I can’t believe the stands weren’t full? I wasn’t there but was it due to rain?

Huh? WTF are you talking about?

3 of top 4 RB the starter and the clear starter…As much as I’ve been a fan of Chaney he isn’t in the current top 2
4 out of 5 offensive linemen
The current top 2 TE
Colby Young, and the #4 WR Horton
Starting DT Deen (hurt during game), both starting DE, and one of the top 2 backups
The clear starting MLB and player on the defense on the field for by far the most snaps, and another one of the top 2 LB
4 of the top 5 corners that received snaps, including the best corner and most snaps of them all (J.Davis)

So no…It’s basically More Cristobal than Diaz

Van Dyke
Restrepo
George
Rivers
Taylor
JHH (#3 DE)
Harvey (#3 or 4 DE)
Bissainthe
Flagg (# 4 LB)
Couch
Safeties

Are Diaz…

10 of 22 starters are Diaz, with more of the top 10 backups on the team that receive serious snaps being CMC as well) We are only 2 years removed, so it should be more in favor Diaz, it’s not.

So now it’s not anywhere near “Almost All”? Do you go out of your way to say stupid shit on this site?

All I do on this site is correct you and make you look like a fucking fool. Next…Kill yourself.
:

I shall not be pulled in so quickly.

I was telling someone the other day that I have this superstition about watching the canes and losing ever since the Randy era.

And from the Golden firing until the successful Richt 10-0 run with Malik Rosier, I refused to watch….

Until that awful Pitt game. My god what a fucking miserable night that was.

I’m shell shocked man. PTSD.

I don’t blame GSC. Who can after what we’ve been through.

But a few years ago Miami wouldn’t play like this. It’s been 20 years of:

1. Starting games slow and without urgency
  2. Racking up needless penalties
  3. Looking solid one week and shitting the bed the next
  4. Never reaching player potential
  5. Drop after drop after drop
  6. Having drives stall in the red zone.

I don’t care if we have easy opponents or not, we can see if a team is disciplined and improving, or if we’re coming up with excuses.

I agree we need to wait a few games before talking too much. I agree we could be thin and fragile and a few injuries to the wrong players can dash our hopes. But damn if it doesn’t look like the train is at least on the right track.

1 Like

I can. Miami is the worst sports town in the US.

If a team starts losing, attendance ALWAYS dwindles… If it isn’t a BIG time opponent or a big rival, the big crowds don’t show up.

The A&M game was too early in the season and most people were expecting a Miami loss. That is a bad combination for selling tickets in Miami.

Maybe if Miami is 6-0 when Clemson comes to town and there is a LOT of hype to the game, there will be a sell out.

1 Like

I caught part of the game during a lunch at a bar and I came away very impressed with the offensive strategy and the toughness of the defense. I’m more optimistic today than I’ve been in 10 years. Even during the Richt era sitting at #2 I knew we had a pretender at QB…. Van Dyke looks the part.

But there’s always that insecurity that this teams plays up and down to their opponents. Let’s pray for consistency and health.

PS- the offensive and defensive lines finally LOOK LIKE they’ve received a proper offseason work out and nutrition regimen. Hallelujah!

4 Likes

The lines look amazing. They don’t look like a Miami line of the last 15 years. I’m mostly in disbelief at how fast they’ve been patched up.

If we can have the same season-to-season improvement as 1->2 in seasons 3 and 4, watch out.

I don’t think it’s any coincidence we have a real booster now and some of the handcuffs have been taken off.

1 Like

Agreed. I haven’t seen a Miami line give the QB time like this in as long as I can remember.

Even the 10 win Richt team had some questions on Oline.

Armando is a huge step 305. What a get we got!

1 Like

Ran and hid here huh @Stormfront ? Did I clear things up for you?

Said some stupid shit and got sent to his room by BigFacts Skeeter

He said “mostly Diaz” lollollololo

@skeeter

NAH STORM DIDN’T WANT TO WIPE THE FLOOR WITH TO MANY TIMES AT ONCE……

IT IS COMING HERE AS WELL LITTLE SKEETZ STUGOTZ….

I just gave you the breakdown fuck boy…Hold that L