Colorado

Cinderella just woke up to ugly reality.

Completely dominated in every phase of the game. They should have lost last week and should be 2-2

After seeing Colorado play Colorado State, I knew Oregon would beat them, but I had no idea it would be such complete domination.

I think it’s too much to ask for Sanders to stop running his mouth after this embarrassing beatdown, but maybe the football talking heads (for that matter, maybe everyone else) can stop focusing on the media darlings and move on.

If this week doesn’t do it. the beatdown Colorado will get next bu USC should finally do it.

1 Like

IMHO…I think you missed what Deon is doing. He’s already won …BIG. He’s gotten the school into the minds of kids who weren’t thinking “Buffs” before now. They don’t have to go 9-3…or 8-4…or even 6-6.

They've already tripled their wins over last year and knocked off a ranked team to boot. He can sell the fact that if you can play...you can start. Some see a gimmick....I see something much more shrewed.  More than what you or I may think.....Buff fans are excited again. **That** is the main currency.

I think he’s going to get a lot of kids …some of them really good…to sign on…and they will become pretty good. Maybe not world-beaters in the short-run…but eventually good enough to be dangerous to ANY team they meet.

Some people want him to fail because he talks bluntly and does not apologize. Me…I say good for him…college football is already full of phonies who profess piety . Kids aren’t stupid …they already knew that a lot of these coaches are full of crap …and looking for the big-payoff.

Whether or not he was as he is now …or the “humble” coach (which is what most want) …he was up against it.
Cue… Chumbawumba ! :rofl:

Travis Hunter didn’t play right?

Different game if he’s iron-manning it.

Do they win? Don’t know. Probably not. But he’s a difference maker on both sides and missing him was big.

Hunter is phenomenal. And kudos to him for playing both sides. It’s an impressive feat.

That said I don’t think it’s sustainable. He should focus on one side to better cultivate development and durability.

@Xereus

Other than your “good for him” sentiment, I cannot argue with a single thing you said. Spot on.

For the record, I have not missed what Deion is doing–it’s plain as day. But seeing as he is a former Nole, I don’t have to like it. :wink:

1 Like

Hunter is a great player but he’s not playing offensive or defensive line. Colorado is severely overmatched from a talent standpoint and the early season results are pretty misleading if you dig into the stats. Kudos to them for getting the wins, but they will come down to earth the rest of the season with that brutal schedule. I’d say 6 wins is about where they land at the end of the year. That’s still better than they were expected to be.

I do think it’s good for college football though. It’s bringing a ton of excitement to the games and the storylines are great.

Hell no they don’t win…

3 Likes

Come on man. 2 more words. :joy::joy:

@Go_Canes_89

I understand

When I watched the colorado state game it was evident that colorado has to get better up front. Colorado can beat teams like Arizona, Arizona state. They will struggle against the top 2-3 teams in the pac 12. If colorado makes a bowl - he did a great job.

Sanders got a rude awakening, for sure. I was watching Game Day when they had it in Colorado and the love fest for Deon was just ridiculous. It’s just what the media does and then you got Screamin’ A Smith, please!
They beat TCU, yes, but NOT the TCU from last year.
They beat a very bad Nebraska team.
They should have gotten beat by State
They got throttled by Oregon.

Deon’s mouth is creating alot of tension in the ranks and coaches aren’t having it. That’s why you saw Rhule make his comments, States head coach comments just went viral and it became racial (in the media), I loved what Lanning said, classic! If Deon can’t take it, then shut up!

Media people are lazy. The go with lazy narratives and and go with loud people who will get clicks. Deion provides that. He has a team that provides that. They have done a great job of getting attention early in the season when there really should not have been much interest. TCU is a shell of themselves. Nebraska is terrible. CSU nobody nationally has ever watched. These became big games and interesting and got viewers. But only lazy people bought in that CU was a top 10 team. Travis Hunter is good but he is not a world beater. That is the lazy narrative. He plays both ways so he must be Charles Woodson. And for young people who never saw Charles Woodson then they could be suckered. But if you are old enough to have watched Woodson you know Hunter is not in that class.

Agree with most of your statement except I think you underestimate Travis Hunter a bit. He’s a stud. Not Charles Woodson but damn good.

I don’t think anyone has heard Sanders say that his team is a “Top 10 …or… Top 15” team. He knew what target he was shooting for when he started talking…and he’s hit it.

Notice that he’s not taken shots at other coaches…only at what he percieves as inequalities in the system. IMHO he knew/knows the blowback is part of the package …but it does not faze him. The fact that he’s been able to rile up other coaches says more about them …than it does about him.

Look…some of the most revolting individuals who coached in college football tried to pass themselves off as “humble”. From Joe Pa…to Art Briles…to Lou Holtz (who left a slime trail EVERYWHERE HE COACHED)…to Phil Fulmer…to Urban Meyer…to Jim Tressel at Ohio State…etc…etc etc. …

I …(again just me) …can’t stand Dabo Swinney. A man who never met a million dollar pay-raise he could refuse…always carping about how wrong it was/is for players to get some financial windfalls. His " I love these young men …" B.S. is always laughable. Every worker loves their tools…but they are never any more than that…tools to be used to make them money.

1 Like