This board is quiet!
Any thoughts on our matchup against Clemson on Saturday? And please don’t say they suck and we will walk all over them….
Sounds like Moten will be back and perhaps even Lucas as well. Not sure about Fletcher.
This board is quiet!
Any thoughts on our matchup against Clemson on Saturday? And please don’t say they suck and we will walk all over them….
Sounds like Moten will be back and perhaps even Lucas as well. Not sure about Fletcher.
I have not watched them. Historically they fielded upperclassmen who waited their turn. Excepting the younger kid they couldn’t keep off the field. The narrative is always time has passed Dabo by. That’s probably a bit much. Still, it’s possible that he is a great CEO/cheerleader and it’s really the coordinators who made Clemson Clemson. Without a strong prospect pipeline and/or seasoned coordinators maybe that’s a problem. Said not knowing who the coordinators are nor how long they have been there. Isn’t Chad Morris back again?
Dabo is pretty good at installing pride in his teams. So I doubt they will down. How athletic are they? Can they get worn down? How good is the two deep?
I can see Clemson keeping it close until halftime. Miami gets their stuff together and wins by 14 or 17. Not stressful at the game’s end.
Clemson is down pretty bad. This is not the Clemson of old. Their score against UNC is a little deceiving because of all the delays and LSU absolutely destroyed them.
I’m not saying this will be a cake walk at their place at night but I would be shocked if Miami lost. I think it’s more likely Miami wins by 17 or more.
Clemson’s QB is young and they don’t seem to have many playmakers. I think Wake might be a more explosive and better team than Clemson. It is a big game on the road and at night so I’m sure the crowd will be a factor.
Without Fletcher it will be harder to dominate the way we’d like from the get go. But I’m not worried about a 2nd half Wake Forest situation.
I believe Fletcher and Moten are goes and Lucas is a maybe.
My two main or perhaps three main concerns are the Oline with pass blocking and with getting a push for the run, our pressure on the QB (Lightfoot SEEMS to be catching on but Wilson is AWOL for the most part) and then the secondary. A Lucas return will help…
I think we would be fine without Fletcher for this game, ideally it would be nice to have him, yes, but I think we can manage without him, if needed.
I’m more “concered” about this game than you guys are just because of our D and Oline issues.
This game will tll me alot about where we are.
Did we ever get an idea of the Lucas injury? A shoulder?
Fletcher and Brown together would hurt.
Brown is a big loss imo. And he looked like he had more burst than last year. There was also a heart-and-solu type feel to Brown’s place on this team
Luckily I believe the Fletcher injury is minor.
EDIT: He’s not on the injury report, so looks like Fletcher is ready to go.
I would like to see more Wheatley Humphrey.
Ya I didn’t understand this hire.
Agreed on Wheatley Humphrey