Cheap thrills article

Thought I’d post it seperately here.

I disagree with this article. This job at Miami IS A Rebuild. We have attracted the wrong type of kids for 20 years. Besides a KJ Osborne I find it hard to think of kids who have transferred to Miami that come in with a workman attitude that will change this program. I find it difficult to think of recruits that came in ready to work for their spots. Kids that could see the long game that hard work and film study would provide them in the pros. Miami has attracted so many kids who were so out of touch with their lack of talent that they left early never to be drafted. Whole draft classes full of kids who transferred after not starting in their 2nd years. This will take years to stop these types of kids from coming here. That is no quick fix.

1 Like

State of the U is always more fan than anything…But I can agree with some of that headline’s premise. (I probably won’t read it, because I simply don’t want to hear idiots’ take on UM football right now…Let’s shut the fuck up and improve)

In all honesty though, CMC did try controlling a lot of this shit. He said when people start the “U is back” talk it should mean back to work…And things to that nature. You can’t control if the media is overhyping every little thing you do

I’ve hinted on this board but more so on the other boards. I get so tired of hearing things from the ex players, and all the speakers at the Paradise camp, etc

It’s
Been
That
For
Straight
Coaches

Work and build. I’m cool with being patient. This is definitely not a complete rebuild, it is somewhere in the middle. With transfer portal today (which I hate) 3 year rebuilds should become 2 year rebuilds, I will say that.

I think the bigger point he is making are the coaches. They are good quality coaches are are stuck in the way they work without adapting to their players/rosters to maximize their production. I have ZERO questions that this offense would be money with Lashlee running it again this year.

Yeah, I have always felt that it’s never just been about the coaches but it’s been more about the lack of “Miami” players coming to town. Zero leadership since that 2002 season. The culture that started in the 80’s and remained for a good 20 years is gone. That has to be rebuilt and who better than a guy like Mario who truly lived and still breathes that culture. I’m looking at three years before we are “back”. It’s going to take that long to fix things, maybe longer. I think Mario just had his reality check…

It’s a fine line

They are changing the system…They don’t want to adapt to it. It is what it is.

I think we all did.