Chaminade Safety Zaquan Patterson to UM

Over FSU…Aub and Mich also involved. don’t believe the Auburn stuff was real. But big FSU smoke for the last week.

Going to have to hold on to him…Another bad season may be tough here with him.

Kid is a beast on the field.

1 Like

That’s awesome. Skeeter what kind of Safety is he, more of an in the box type SS or rangy S/cb?

Specialty is in the box. Versatile though, with ball skills. so I wouldn’t rule fs out…There is some honey badger to his game. Can even see him as a nickel/blitzer type early in career.

Super physical for a kid that’s only 5’11 or 6 foot and 185ish

1 Like

Tape is in the defense thread.

I now have UM with 3 of the top 5 in Sofla.

1 Like

Sounds like he might get a ton of playing time as a true freshman. Kitchens and Williams are expected to leave and there isn’t much depth behind them.

I thought we’d lose this guy to FSU at the last minute which would have been a real bummer. I watched the HS game today, and Zaquan is a terrific talent.

I also noticed that Artavius Jones from Blountstown here in the Panhandle made the All Freak list. Jones is a beast in the truest sense. Who in HS bench presses 420 LBs? Artavius won the state weight lifting title in the heaviest weight division. I’m not certain we have a 400 lb lifter on this year’s Hurricane team. All of a sudden everyone is getting to know where Blountstown is located. It’s really a sleepy old town. The same thing happened with Brooksville when a guy named Jerome Brown was terrorizing the HS competion. Wouldn’t it be great if Artavius plays like Jerome.

2 Likes

Let’s hold our horses on this one. If you read the article he says he’s “pretty sure” but he’s still taking official visits. Doesn’t sound like someone who is fully committed just yet.

None of them are

Will replace J Williams at SS. Plays in the box and covers one on one well vs TE/slot.

M Williams is like replacing Kam next year.

He will sign with Miami so long as the wheels don’t fall off the bus with record.

We win 9-10 with the NIL we are offering…expect some big name flips.

1 Like