Big week of commits

OL Campbell and Wilkerson both from Orlando…Both a little raw, but both in the 6’6 300-310 range, both with a hoops background.

DB Wallace- Miami Central, highest rated of the bunch. Hearing projections everywhere in the secondary. I think he’s just fine at safety. Started since frosh at Miami Central

LB Marcelin- Miami Central, borderline 3/4 star kid…Fan base doesn’t seem happy with this one. On the smallish side but I pretty much have had this kid pencilled in to UM’s class for 2 years now lol.

May not be done.

Film for all these in the offense and defense threads.

1 Like

It is interesting that almost uniformly (to I the uninformed) these seem to be under-the-radar / developmental / “about to explode on the scene” type players. If so, how many of these will end up in the final class should Cristobal swing for the fences on some other players and connect?

I never seem to remember the recruits who seemed promising early on then get kicked to the curb and when all the dust settles you couldn’t pick them out of a lineup.

The ESPN’s and such of the world highlight the 4-5 stars that OSU or Tenn sign. No love for like four to five 3 star recruits UM gets within a few days. Just gets me curious what the “plan” is with UM. Butch used to find those diamonds in the rough.

I think you are reading too much into it. Yes the shine may be wearing off, and winning NEEDS to happen now. BUT…remember how we finished last year when alot of teams and fanbases were calling him 3*Mario and all that stuff.

As for the commits above, the OL kids seem to be projects, but I’m fine with Cristobal and Mirabel’s evals at that position.

There’s always a chance a lower type kid gets pushed out of any team’s class, anywhere though of course.

Awesome week this far…

Stubbs and Nix to UM…As well as '26 QB Coleman

I believe the big Center prospect SJA from Bishop Gorman in Vegas commits tomorrow. That would be one excellent weeks of commits.

1 Like

Bishop Gorman (NV) Center SJ Alofaituli commits to UM

1 Like

Man. What a week…

ESPN’s take…

Miami began the month outside ESPN’s top-25 rankings in the 2025 class. With Alofaituli’s pledge on the end of a hot run for Cristobal & Co., the Hurricanes are trending upward as July heats up on the recruiting trail.

OK, how does ESPN know we’re at the “end of a hot run”? What do they know that we don’t? Hmmm!

When we get game day coaching that is commensurate with our recruiting, we’ll be back where we belong in thr rankings. Still having a hard time getting over the Ga Tech game.

Miami has a great chance of fielding another Top 5 class this year.

1 Like

Hope the on field product is as alluring as the recruiting “pitch” the program is offering. This staff is killing on the trail but need to win some games.

And yes, I agree…the GTech gaffe leaves a lot to be desired on the game day front. I know it’s coming and agree.

Ever the optimist thought I guess. At least winning this phase has been fun for the first time in a long time. The recruiting is killing for sure.

Agreed. Most of what constitutes being a fan is hoping for the best. Particularly when things are most “theoretical” and there’s little downside except Charlie Brown-itis. I’d rather have UM get good recruits than not get them. While perhaps unlikely one can also hope that Cristobal puts his ego aside in favor of a time management coach. Someone who can handle the minutiae. Putting ego aside is not any head coach’s strong suit but maybe the best can do so.

1 Like