Best Game In A While

I realize GT isn’t exactly a powerhouse opponent but that was the best game Miami has played all season. Haven’t watched the game yet. Just checked the box score/gamecast yesterday. Will watch the condensed Youtube highlights later.

The team actually scored some points; a welcome change.

If Jacurri Brown continues to learn and improve, TVD may have a tough time getting his starting job back next year (assuming he returns). Nice to have a QB who can beat teams with his legs.

One game isn’t significant but perhaps there is some hope. I’ve been death on Gattis but I would like to see him succeed at Miami. Not getting my hopes up though.

Even though Clemson isn’t as good as they usually are this season, I expect a beat down of epic proportions. And I doubt Miami will beat Pitt so 5-7 is looking likely at this point. I thought 7-5 was the lower limit at the start of the season. Losing badly to a cupcake team and Duke and getting blown out by FSU at home wasn’t on my radar.

Wait 'til next year!!!

I’ll take any W I can get at this point.

We’ll get crushed by Clemson next week.

Pitt is beatable, but it’s also very possible (likely) that they’ll run the score up on us as well.

5-7 looks to be in the cards and hit the recruiting trail hard.

It was definitely the best the team has been run all year. It’s mostly meaningless against a bad team, but there’s something to be said for doing what you’re expected to do. Brown’s run threat is real, and he’s dangerous behind a good OLine.

Indeed - but the team really needed this - if nothing else for a bit of a morale booster. They’ve been getting their asses handed to them all year.

The crushing of Miami by Clemson has become a routine yearly event. While Clemson is not as strong this year, I believe Florida State would beat them were they to play again, Clemson is very likely to have a field day against us. Just when we have a glimmer of improvement from arguably our best played game of the season against Georgia Tech, it’s time for more masochism being knocked back into reality by a Clemson drubbing.

Jacurri Brown is really fast. With Jacurri under center, the Canes rushing game gets a huge boost, defenses having to worry about two backfield guys. Much faster than Van Dyke, Jacurri, I think, gives the Canes a better chance of sustaining drives and winning ball games. This year under Gattis, Van Dyke. who has a great arm but slow release, has struggled. Miami’s offense has substantially worsened with Lashlee departing for the SMU head coaching job. IMO, Gattis has been a complete disappointment, and Miami should resurrect next year the high tempo, spread offense a la Lashlee. Next year, we’re going to have quite a QB competition. Emory Williams, a local kid here in the Panhandle, has a good arm, quick release, and track speed. Pete Shinnick, Univ. of West Florida coach who has lost only four games in the past three years, and a shrewd Div II recruiter, had Williams high on his recruitment list to play QB at UWF. Screw Rashada. UM has three talented guys who will compete next year at QB.

Maybe, Mario can salvage this season at Pitt. We’ve had little success at Clemson, but Miami has fared well against Pitt. Six wins is the threshold past which a team becomes bowl eligible. Yes, this scenario is optimistic. Madstork’s 5-7 prediction is probably more in alignment with Las Vegas odds makers. I wonder how many of us will engage in our usual off season debate whether Miami will win 9 games or 10?

You may not know this but Miami and Clemson don’t play every year.