ACC Rankings

Miami 10th out of 14.

#ThanksManny

Ya I wouldn’t worry about this…It’s on the way up and then there’s the portal

Ranking might improve somewhat. But, it is ridiculous for Miami to have a class outside of the Top 20. This is all on Manny and Blake.

1 Like

Top 20 is my expectation come February. Heck, we could be close to top 20 in 3 weeks once the AA games are played.

Moss, Coleman, Halton, Stewart, Conerly… lots of 4-5* top 300 kids are looking at Miami. One literally could be on-campus right now just to make sure we are the right place even though they can’t meet with Mario. The more kids the don’t sign today or even early, the better our chances of signing a great 2022 class. We then add 7-10 portal kids and save some spots for '23 when we could sign up to 32 kids (25 HS + 7 portal) if we only sign 25 in '22.

I can see why Mario is a great recruiter. Great presence, very articulate and knows the game.

He said he expects the class to be in the 16 to 20 range, perhaps more.

1 Like

16 at 91 score is likely top 15-20.
20 at 91 score is closing in on top 10.

STUGOTZS GONNA STUGOTZS…

EVERY FCKEN PLAYER MARIO IS ON MANNY’S STAFF WAS ON…

KEEP THE STUGOTZ HATE COMING…

THE CLASS WASN’T GOING TO BAD UNDER MANNY AND IT OBVIOUSLY WOULDN’T END BAD WITH MARIO…

MORE TO COME…

Just imagine if Manny was actually on some of these kids.

I’m sure Manny defenders will say they recruited all the 4 & 5 star kids but let’s be real. They weren’t really recruiting Conerly, Halton, Moss, Banks, etc. I guess trying to recruit and actually getting in-homes, OVs, etc could be viewed by some as the same. Then we have the Kellys, Stewarts, littles, Armellas, Colemans… that Manny was not landing.

This is an example of a kid that should have at minimum visited: Darrius Clemons Recruit Interests

His dad played at MNW. His grandparents live in south florida YET the great Manny could never get him to visit and he ends up at Michigan. This is also why Miami needs a much bigger budget for recruiting + staff so they can dig into the top 1000 per class to eval them early enough and build relationships.

1 Like

Manny knew about him and didn’t want him…A reliable poster on another site thought we were still going to get him, had talked to his dad and said kid wants to play in front of his grandparents. There was talk he was coming down on Monday during the dead period since it was earliest he could make it in. It didn’t happen, and UM had too much ground to make up.

Wish he would have waited because he looks really good and he was considering Oregon and had a good relationship with Cristobal.

Can someone remind me why Manny didn’t recruit this kid?

Looks like Mario recruited every freaking kid that was in the top 500.

I think Mario is going to tear it up recruiting. Mario was really part of the glory years, and I think he has a good understanding of the rich culture that pervades Miami making it a world unique place. To compete in NC college football, you must sign a Top Ten class each year. Then, you need to win and establish a tradition similar to the one we had for two decades in w the past. Time to bring it all back to Miami. Love the new AD who is used to winning on the scoreboard and in the recruiting wars.

Sorry Bikki but this really means nothing. So was Randy Shannon.

This comes down to organization, planning, and communication from the top down. Mario has done this at other schools and I hope has learned from Saban and the Bama organization.
I hope they plan what the kids eat, read, watch, lift, learn, earn, run, and which kids are going to be brought in. That is how one team beats another team. It is not about glory years.

Sorry, I just had to rant

1 Like

Omaha, you are talking about two different personality types. Mario is much more sophisticated and represents the dynamic immigrant population in South Florida. The greatest thing that ever happened to South Florida happened when the first Cubans left Cuba for South Florida. South Florida seemed to have lost its glitz. Miami Beach was a warehouse for retired New York garment workers. Miami was a Southern city that was forced to become an international city. Mario is a much better fit in every way than was Randy Shannon. I remember wincing, embarrassed by Shannon’s speech. Mario speaks as though someone representing a great university should speak. He is quite eloquent and doesn’t butcher the language and exudes a sense of leadership.

You mentioned the glory years and did not think that should matter for a HC. I was just saying Randy was a part of the Glory years also and look where it got us.

I agree with you that Randy and Mario are different. Mario does seem to be sophisticated as you mentioned. He does fit the area too. I think he has been the best hire since Butch. Am I still worried? Of course I am. The guy got blown out by Utah twice. Lost to Stanford who is bad. He brings no schematic advantage to an offense or defense. I just hope that his organizational skills gets us a great staff year in and year out. I hope that he can have former Head coaches in positions outside of the 9 assistants. I do know he will be heavily involved in recruiting. We finally have a guy who is all in on that.

Nope…That just is not true.

And our best commit already said he love Cristobal and did not like Diaz.

ARE YOU SAYING WE WEREN’T RECRUITING KELLY?

I’m saying we were recruiting Kelly and he wasn’t coming…Now you can say “maybe he was” but normally when the kid says he didn’t like the old coach I think that’s telling.

I’m saying Diaz wasn’t recruiting many of the kids we are “on” like you said…That’s just ridiculously wrong.

Moss
Coleman
Any of the former Oregon commits

I don’t think we would have had a prayer with Stewart but before you argue 4 pages with me about that we can just ignore him and focus on the ones above. And oh yeah, Skinner wasn’t taking another visit back to UM and wasn’t coming either.

1 Like

Won’t be a problem in 11 days…Tickey Tockey!!!

3 Likes

The Countdown Timer is a nice touch. :grinning:

My countdownCountdown