A&M Justin breakdown

Thanks Willy for posting this critique of our play against A&M. The writer knows a great deal about the game, and offered excellent solutions.

IMO, our passing game has to be sped up. Plays must be executed more rapidly. Executing a short game is far easier than the long passing game, and it builds up QB confidence and rhythm during the game. This is what I deem our chief problem. Weā€™re too concerned with achieving chunk plays to bother with keeping ahead of the chains resulting in too many 3rd and longs, or for that matter 3rd downs.

1 Like

The Doppler

The Hurricanes OC, Josh Gattis, won the Broyles Award last season which goes to the top assistant in college football. Gattis won ā€˜The Broylesā€™ under Jim Harbaugh at Michigan. A year later his offense finishes 5-of-14 on 3rd down, and 0-for-1 on 4th down.

FCKEN HILARIOUSā€¦ā€¦

DO YOU GUYS STOP TO THINK ABOUT THIS?

Above - The play calling all night, but especially in the red zone was what you need to come to grips with re Mario Cristobal as head coach. Heā€™s not a risk taker, the man is as risk averse as they come. Heā€™s going to punt, heā€™s going to kick field goals, heā€™s going to run the ball on 3rd and goal. Get used to it. No RPO tags, just jog outs from WRā€™s. 8 guys hovering to rotate down into the box. Woof.

MARIO CRISTOBAL IS NOT A RISK TAKER?

THIS FCKEN GUY IS GENIUSā€¦ā€¦

STORM WONDERS IF HE WATCHED JETS BROWNS, DOLPHINS RAVENS, CARDS RAIDERS AND THE NFL IN GENERALā€¦ā€¦

THESE ARE THE TOP OF THE COACHING PROFESSIONā€¦ā€¦

COACHES TRY TO MAKE SURE THEY DONā€™T LOSE GAMES IMAGE THAT?

STORM NEVER UNDERSTAND WHY UM HIRES THE PEOPLE THEY HIREā€¦ā€¦

HIRE ROMAN, SLANDERCANE OR THIS CLOWN AND THE PROGRAM IS FIXEDā€¦.

HE HAS BEEN AT THIS GOD AFWUL SITE WHEN HE SHOULD BE COACHINGā€¦.

OBVIOUSLY HE KNOWS MORE THEN MARIO, JASON TAYLOR, ED REED, GATTIS (ASSISTANT COACH OF THE YEAR) ETCā€¦ā€¦

HOW MANY STAFFS HAVE TO PASS THROUGH FOR YOU PEOPLE TO LEARN?

IF YOU SEE THROUGH THE ā€œCOACH THEM UP BULLSHITā€ YOU SHOULD UNDERSTAND THE REST ALREADYā€¦ā€¦

I agree with your take Bikki. I would like to add that they also shouldnā€™t wait until the second half to get the TE involved either. We played well enough to win, but just didnā€™t execute.

LSU TITLE TEAMā€¦ā€¦

JUSTIN JEFFERSON
JAMARR CHASE

HEAD COACH UNEMPLOYED AFTER THEY LEFTā€¦.

THIS REALLY ISNā€™T HARDā€¦ā€¦

Football today is an offensive game, and the passing game has taken preeminence over the rush. However, the rushing game is the true stamp of power football. And, defense really does matter. All in all, I like Marioā€™s philosophy and ideas. In general, Mario goes by fixed principles and his decisions might be conservative, but they usually comport with fundamental wisdom.

Mario is a first rate recruiter as demonstrated at Alabama when he was named foremost recruiter in the country. He commands his staff to recruit actively, and Miami is already seeing higher-rated athletes committing to the Canes. Mario is an excellent exemplar and preaches team as if it were family.

Mario believes in strength and physicality, and already our offensive line play is vastly superior to last year. Most of us were mistaken thinking our defense would be our worry this year, and surprisingly our defense has been surprisingly good, especially in the last game against an SEC opponent. Mario has a vision of what Hurricane football can be, because he was part of the Glory Years. Being a former lineman, Mario is going to have a whole cupboard full of big guys.

Looking forward, Mario really needs to speed up our aerial game, exploit the short zone with rapid execution as seen weekly in the pro-game, while at the same time improving the rushing game. When an offense starts clicking, the safeties are drawn in closer, worried about flairs, screens, and rushing plays. Then, itā€™s time to start testing them long, keeping them off balance. TVD is too damn slow and lumbering to hold the ball too long as seen in the A&M game. Let TVD complete eight rapid-fire short plays, and heā€™ll develop a rhythm, and more importantly weā€™re liable to see MOMENTUM, hard to describe, but when the players feel it, good things happen.

Miamiā€™s defense compels me to believe that we can play competitive football inside and out of our conference. When our offense gets tweeked up, we have a damn good chance to come out winners.

Lastly, Miami has been miserable picking head coaches for the past two decades. I still cannot believe we didnā€™t hire Leach after he applied for the job three times practically begging to be named head coach. In Cristobal, UM indeed has reached for its wallet, and to reach the top eschelons, youā€™ve got to spend money. Talent does not come cheap in a competitive world.

We can thank Herbstreit for that. Had he and the rest of Gameday not called out the administration, Manny is still HC and we donā€™t have the AD that we have now.

YEAH THE ADMINISTRATION WENT RUNNING TO RUIZ AND TOLD HIM IF HE DIDNā€™T DO EVERYTHING HE IS DOING BECAUSE OF HERBSTREIT THIS TIME THEY WERE GOING TO BURN THE SCHOOL DOWN!!!

GUY ON ESPN SAYS SOMETHING AND TENS OF MILLIONS START FLYING OUT OF NOWHEREā€¦ā€¦

NO ONE HAS SAID A BAD THING ABOUT UM BEING CHEAP FOR THE LAST 30+ YEARS RIGHT?

Hidden Reply, with all due respect. Since Iā€™m unable to read what you are posting,nor will I ever again read what you post, DO NOT reply to my comments. They are not welcomed.

STORM GIVES A FCK WHAT YOU WANTā€¦ā€¦

IT IS A MESSAGE BOARDā€¦ā€¦

YOU POST ANYONE REPLIESā€¦ā€¦ā€¦

YOU DONā€™T LIKE THE REPLY YOU CAN NOT REPLY OR REPLY YOU DONā€™T DECIDE WHAT OTHERS DOā€¦ā€¦

GO TAKE YOUR INSECURE STUGOTZ LOSER ASS TO CUBAā€¦.

I see you have a problem with reading comprehension. You seem to not be able to conduct yourself as an adult and honor a simple request. Youā€™ve also demonstrated that by not honoring your bet. You donā€™t have respect for yourself nor anyone else for that matter. I will refrain from even acknowledging that you have attempted to respond to anything I post.

I have to say, our O line looks way better than the past 15 years. I miss Lashlees fast offense, we donā€™t need to do no huddleā€¦but we SHOULD go uptempo, TVD really does well when he just goes, as it showed last year. We need to remember, the line wasnā€™t as good last year and our receivers outside of Rambo had the dropsies almost as much. TVD has felt really off from game one till now, YES I know there are dropped passes, but the balls thrown donā€™t look confident, and Iā€™ve seen more wobbles than all of last year combined. I honestly donā€™t know how many plays we ran against a&m, but Iā€™m scared to look. :grimacing:

Outside of some good running back play here and there, and the O line improving, the rest of the offiense is a mess in my opinion. Gattis is really calling safe plays and itā€™s pissing me off.

It could very well be what he is calling is based on what we have. If they are dropping passes in the games, you better believe they are dropping them in practice too.

STORM WONā€¦ā€¦

Yep- I was just talking about this yesterday with a friend. In 20 years the average scores will be in the mid 50ā€™s. They are making defense irrelevant.