5 Star Flameouts

Miami has to lead the league in highly touted flame outs.

Seantrel was supposed to be all that. At least at Miami, he really wasn’t.

Kyle Wright, Marve, Japicky, Kevin Olsen, etc.

Lingard, who was a 4 and 5 star about 5 years ago (Richt recruit?) was supposed to be all that. Never played much at UM, got pissed and left for UF. Again, never played much.

Now as a fifth year junior he is transferring to … AKRON. :grinning:

These star rating systems seem pretty arbitrary. Reed was a 3 star. I don’t think Rousseau was even rated and he ended up being a first round pick based on playing only one season at Miami.

Bama and Georgias seem to do well. Not all of them but many of them.

Quite a few four and five stars who didn’t do much of anything.

Mark Pope comes to mind but he has a lot of company.

Maybe half? end up being good.

Speaking of Mark Pope who was very highly rated coming out of high school (11th highest rated WR in the nation), he did next to nothing at Miami and couldn’t win a starting job. He then transferred to Jackson State where he pissed off Deion so much that he had the team vote Pope off the island. And now he has transferred to the worst team in the country, UMASS which has won only 3 games in the last four seasons.

WHAT?

COACH PRIME THE MASTER “DEVELOPER?”

SAY IT AINT SO……

SO THE PLAYER WAS TGE FAILURE?

NO FCKEN WAY….

Wait…I thought every talented 5* kid didn’t need to work on their skills. Talent is talent. No coaching or work ethic needed.

I think it is more the case that they were overrated coming out of high school and came in thinking they were all that. Entitled, thought they would be gifted a starting role, etc. High school and college are clearly different in terms of the talent level as are college and pro ball. Something like 2% of college players ever play in the NFL.

I noticed Barry Jackson’s latest column closely mimics the points I made in this thread even alluding to Pope and Lingard directly. Coincidence? Maybe he reads this board sometimes? :grinning:

SEE THESE ARE THE THINGS LITTLE LIARS DO TO TRY TO TURN EVERYTHING….

WHERE DID STORM SAY WORK ETHIC ISN’T IMPORTANT?

STORM HAS SAID THE ABSOLUTE OPPOSITE….

WHY DON’T YOU QUOTE ONE TIME STORM SAID WORK ETHIC DOESN’T MATTER?

NOT SURPRISING WHEN A GUY LIES ABOUT HIS FATHER WHY WOULDN’T HE LIE ABOUT ANYTHING……

Was never a fan of Pope. First off he was very old graduating hs. He was 19 in hs. He also was 5-10 and ran in the 4.8 range. He had zero elite traits.

When I went to miami spring practice pope would walk from one station to the next. He was lazy and had a terrible work ethic.

As for talent TCU had a top 15 roster this year and ended up in the playoffs. So coaching does matter. Only an idiot would think that coaching matters

TCU HEAD COACH’S HISTORY:

YUP THIS GUY IS A COACHING GOD OBVIOUSLY……

SAME GUY THAT WEARS A DIAPER FACE CATFISHY AND GETS VACCINES EVERY TWO MONTHS DESPITE A 99.5% RECOVERY RATE AND THE DISASTROUS VACCINE DATA….

How is Swasey doing. LOL

Pope was a 10.5 guy in HS and it’s documented, I don’t believe he ran a 4.8. The rest I agree with. He was tiny, soft, and suspect hands.

Fish, wtf are you hearing regarding Gattis and this process? Sorry if you touched on it already, I missed it.

I have been told Gattis is gone. I don’t know why it is taking so long. He has not been in the office in two weeks of not longer. He is not involved in recruiting.

BUT BUT YOU SAID NO ONE WOULD HIRE HIM……

YET BUTCH HIRED HIM AGAIN……

HOW IS THE GREATEST SC OF ALL TIME THAT WAS A DRUNK THE WHOLE TIME BUT HAD THE MOST 5 STARS DOING?

REMEMBER HOW SUB MENDOZA LINE CFB MONEY BALL USE TO SAY HOW IMPORTANT SPENDING TIME WITH THE SC WAS?

MAYBE THE HIGHLY RATED BUST WENT TO THE BAR WITH HIM……

ANYONE SEEN TOMMY MOFFITT AND HIS GHOST THAT HE LEFT AT UM?