4th quarter nonsense can't be excused

Wr group seems pretty subpar. Seems like most cant get any separation. Mallory also pissed away any nfl chance with is start to the season.

MARIO CRISTOBAL GOT FIRED FROM FIU……

MARIO COULDN’T OUT RECRUIT AT FIU……

HE CAN OUT RECRUIT AT MIAMI……

NONE OF OUR TITLES WERE WON WITH COACHING….

AS JIMBO TOLD YOU NEITHER WERE ALABAMA’S……

YOU GUYS FORGOT SABAN WITH THE DOLPHINS WENT HE DIDN’T HAVE SUPERIOR TALENT?

WATCH OTHER GOOD TEAMS……

ENOS WAS GOING TO BE SABAN’S OC……

ENOS PICKED TVD……

STORM HAS TOLD YOU FOR 16 YEARS AND WE DON’T LISTEN….

SKEETER I’M NOT DISMISSING YOUR POINTS BECAUSE SOME OF THEM ARE VERY VALID BUT THEY ALL DO IT….

BETTER OL AND BETTER WRS SOLVE ALL THE PLAY CALLING….

TAKE INTO ACCOUNT IF YOUR WRS ARE NOT ELITE THEY NEED TIME TO GET OPEN….

TVD THREW AWAY BALLS HE HAD PLENTY OF TIME AMD NO ONE WAS OPEN….

GUY IS GOING THROUGH PROGRESSIONS……

HE IS THE BEST QB IN THE COUNTRY IMO SO FAR……

I’m not as down in Miami as everyone else here.

Yes, the game was frustrating and disappointing, and Miami has some holes, but it’s not like we didn’t know these things going into the game.

I saw some positives with an Oline that actually looks pretty good. That is a stout defensive front for A&M. They have some beasts.

The defense looks pretty good overall.

I’d honestly rather have this type of game than one in which we can’t stop air and can’t run for a single yard.

Clearly, the offense needs some work and they have to be less conservative. But it’s one game, and I’m not ready to overreact.

1 Like

YOU WOULD LOVE TO WIN THE GAME……

YOU KNOW WHAT YOU CAN’T DO?

GET BLOWN OUT OR NOT BE IN THE GAME……

YOUR SELL IS “SEE WHO CLOSE WE ARE? YOU ARE THE DIFFERENCE MAKER”…….

IF YOU THINK THAT WASN’T PART OF IT YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND BIG PICTURE……

MARIO KNOWS HE HAS TIME……

Fun exercise:

Predict the Alabama-Texas A&M final score in a few weeks. You think the Tide struggle to beat this team or not? The Aggies might not get what we got unless they get creative.

TIde 33-7

I think what’s frustrating is that with the problems we encountered on offense, adjustments in playcalling made it worse. A&M dropping 8 in coverage? Great. Hit some flares if not delayed handoffs. Instead we push ahead with long-developing routes and just throw our hands up when nobody gets open.

2nd and 30 we have a 6 yd route then a QB run? Lol wtf? WR didn’t have a good game last night for sure but our playcalling then just exacerbated the issue. 2nd half adjustments are supposed to scheme around problems, not compound them.

Down by 8 with 7 minutes left and we run 6 plays in 4 minutes?? Wtf was that??? Coaching and calls went downhill as the game went on. Just awful.

2 Likes
  • TVD was lost out there. The combination of pressure and noise must have got to him, but it’s not like he looked great in the previous 2 games. He panicked and left the pocket too much, he was inaccurate with coming pressure except for one pass, and even when he scrambled he had bad vision.

• Our secondary played surprisingly tight. They kept the game close.

• Our run game has promise but can’t work without imagination and balance. We’re not gonna repeatedly force the ball up the gut. I’m fine with this but the play calling needs to support us, not hurt us.

• I do agree with skeeter that a lot of the play calling was fine. I hated the series to start the 2nd half, and we screwed the pooch in the 4th quarter. That said, our play calling really took a nosedive in the red zone.

• Cristobal played safe and scared. We didn’t take a shot at the end zone once. We didn’t try for points at the end of the 1st half. College is not a conservative game. You need to play to win, not play to get a couple of field goals. ESPECIALLY when you’ve missed the last 2 FG attempts, down 14, 18 minutes left in the game, you go for it on 4th and goal.

What’s the most disappointing about this loss is that we beat TAMU 4 out of 5 games. at least it feels that way. They didn’t beat us, we just never tried to win.

That’s the best description of the game.

No shit sherlock

And some do it more than others…

Not going down this fucking idiot hole with you again.

HE IS THE BEST QB IN THE COUNTRY IMO SO FAR……

No he clearly isn’t…And yes I’m still optimistic he can be very good going forward.

YOU WOULD LOVE TO WIN THE GAME……

YOU KNOW WHAT YOU CAN’T DO?

GET BLOWN OUT OR NOT BE IN THE GAME……

YOUR SELL IS “SEE WHO CLOSE WE ARE? YOU ARE THE DIFFERENCE MAKER”…….

IF YOU THINK THAT WASN’T PART OF IT YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND BIG PICTURE……

MARIO KNOWS HE HAS TIME……

Agree with all of this…

But it doesn’t excuse coaching stupidity…I’m not saying fire him. I’m saying that was some dumb shit.

1 Like

Ehhh…There’s still room for old school coaches that know when to punt and no how to rely on defense needed and win a tight game.

I’m not sure we beat them 4 out of 5 at all. I think we can win that game 2 out of 5 times. Again a good bit of our big yardage advantage and all that was in the 4th quarter down couple scores.

But yes as you’ve seen already, we are in total agreement inside the 10 on that trip. That was stupidity.

1 Like

Well remember TAMU lost 4 game last season and spanked Bama in that building we just played in last year.

They will get better and are certainly talented

But yeah Bama will be in big revenge mode there, especially with the NIL exchange of words with Saban/Fisher in the offseason.

I think the muffed punt really demoralized the team. Till that point, the Hurricanes had played well. It was a very dispiriting event in that game.

4th quarter clock management is definitely a coaching error. Redzone constricts WRs finding daylight. Tall WRs thrive in the redzone. A quick dink pass to a 6’5" TE should be a routine play. My chief criticism of our passing attack is execution speed. It slows up the defensive pass rush, and pulls in the safeties making the opposition more vulnerable downfield. Mallory should have been our chief target in the redzone.

Speaking of tall receivers, FSU WR Johnny Wilson, a transfer from Arizona State is 6’7". FSU might have lost the game but not for Wilson. Louisville had no answer for the giant receiver in the redzone.

Just watched Tua have the game of his life bringing the Dolphins back from a three TD deficit going into the 4th quarter. Tyreek Hill and Jaylen Waddle caught two TDs a piece. UM needs a speedster. The kid from Dilliard has blazing speed. I hope UM lands him for next year. I recall Henry Ruggs playing for Bama. If the safeties pulled up Ruggs would run straight up the field into the open leaving defenders in the dust. Bob Hayes used to do the same thing with Cowboys. During the glory years, it was Miami’s speed that surprised the college football world.

Then you have no business posting on this board!!! :grinning:

You know, our offense was so anemic, I could be convinced the game was a coin flip. But I can’t go worse odds than that given the four huge plays were on special teams. Just seems like bad luck more than anything. Then again, maybe our ST will always be that bad.

But we’re mostly saying the same thing. Improvement over the year is the expectation.

I wouldn’t argue with 50/50…Delving into other factors…Home field and not having to deal with all new staff (albeit I like ours although the jury is still out Gattis/Ponce) probably pull them through imo

1 Like

41-38 at home with a last second FG is hardly spanking a team. On the road this year…they’ll get totally undressed. Nick won’t hold back…AT ALL. If you anticipate otherwise I’m not sure I can talk to you. History said we’d lose last night. It also says Jimbo gets crushed on the road in a few weeks. And yes, he’ll lose his four games again this year when he’s done. We just didn’t take advantage of our chance to do it but three other teams will.

Jesus Christ do you people nitpick.

And I agree with most of what you said…Especially with yes Bama will be up for the game and look to send a message.

The A&M I saw in that game last night will get brutalized in the SEC West…

I don’t know about brutalized. Maybe by Bama. No one else in the west is going to brutalize them.

It’s been forever since I’ve been here and I’m liking the look of the new forum. Great job!
I honestly expected us to get blown out based upon raised expectations/disappointments from years and years of garbage.
I’m glad we didn’t. We beat ourselves so I guess that’s the “hope” I have for our team.
Special Teams: Kicker isn’t his brother but decent, Lou is Lou
Defense: We have a dominant Dline, decent backers and decent secondary. Still having some issues with missed tackles and running QB’s.
Offense: What is it about Miami and the playcalling? It just “feels” inept. I felt like we played it way too safe. I think if we had Rambo and Harley we win the game. We missed Restrepo but it’s next man up. Too many drops. Geez!
Oline looked really good to me.

Overall, I did not expect us to win so I’m not really disappointed because we really beat ourselves. A muffed punt leads to 7, take that away and it’s 10 points, the TD gets scored with four missed tackles.
4 trips to the redzone and nothing really to show for it. If we punched two in we win.

1 Like