2023 Offense Board

Cleaned up

Some RB/WR updates.

Fugg it…Added Innis back in.

Many think he won’t stay OSU if Hartline goes to Cincy or elsewhere as HC.

1 Like

Some believe Brown and Fletcher are better AH recruits. I’m of the belief that we have to solve the problems with numbers. 2 speed guys and 2 like innis/Dickey/mays/Lyons from HS. Then take 2 portal kids with good track records. We need 6 OL from HS and 2 from the portal. TE- we should be good. QB- if we keep JG, JB, TVD, and add Emory…we are good. RB- I’d land 2 minimum. Fletcher/Baxter plus CJ. If we only land one HS kid then we need to land a portal kid. If Chaney or Citizen aren’t likely for 23 then add a third.

WR: Ya if you say we got our 2 speed guys (Joseph, r wash)…I just don’t see 4 new WR in the program regardless of who leaves. But I may be wrong

I think it will be 2-3. 0-1 HS, 1-2 portal

QB…I highly doubt Jeff Garcia is on the team next year.

RB…I believe we lose one more of Chaney/Knighton… But either way I think the total number on the team next year will be either 5 or 6 with AT LEAST 1 of the new faces being portal.

WR - I agree that they only take 3 because 1 will likely be a 5*.
(X, Colbie, George- all in, B Smith, Ladson are IN) (Horton- didn’t play, Brinson- not committed, Redding- not good, K Smith - not committed are the 4 I’m watching for portal departures). We had 4 hurt at one point this year so I could see them adding 5 with 3 departing.

Jake Garcia will be given the opportunity to stay. Does he commit to working hard and staying?
Emory makes 4. If one portals out, we portal in a replacement. If we some how land Moore, Emory is out.

RB - I could see us losing both Chaney and/or Knighton. If I had my way, I’d let 3 kids portal out leaving us with 2 then add Fletcher + Johnson + Portal + Citizen + Parrish. I’d honestly be fine with keeping Chaney (if his outlook improves) and letting Knighton/Parrish slide. Let’s not forget that Parrish was hurt for a large % of the year, too.

Names to watch:
Moore- QB - has his NIL hand out after the OC left for ASU
Samson- OT all about NIL
Dickey - WR - If Moore has his hand out, Dickey may listen.
Innis - WR - Hartline vs Miami. If Hartline takes Cinci job, we land Innis and we still have a punchers chance if he doesn’t.
Baxter - RB (not likely)
Fletcher - RB (likely)
Johnson - RB (depends if we want 2)

Plan B
Mays - WR (I like this kid and would normally take him vs two slot types but these two slots guys are just better)
Jones - RB (if we land him then we failed)

Highly doubt he wants to sit another year…I definitely don’t think we will do much convincing.

I’d take Chris Johnson no matter what…

As for K.Jones… I think “failed” is way too strong a word. Failed to land Fletcher? OK…But Jones looks damn good with big speed and would be a good get.

Jones has speed and not much else. When you consider the rest of the class, Jones would be a failure.

Disagree there. Don’t mind Jones at all. Prefer Fletcher

Obv prefer Baxter to all of them.

Connor Lew flipped to Auburn. Guess that opens one up for us? Wonder if it was his doing or ours?

His…UM definitely wanted him.

1 Like

Both boards updated for stretch run

1 Like