Excellent, short J.Tucker article

"Politicians are unskilled at admitting error. After all, the dominant message throughout their career is usually that they know better than you how to manage life on earth. Why else would they be in charge? A recognition of a massive blunder, followed by an apology, conflicts with that message. Plus admitting error means taking responsibility for the enormous collateral damage of lockdowns. That they cannot do.

Some governors got fed up early and dialed it back, without much explanation. Others took more time. Only one, Ron DeSantis of Florida, openly acknowledged the enormous error. Most of the rest have cited vaccines and improved case conditions as the reason for scrapping stringencies such as capacity limits, crowd limits, and mandatory masking.

The major problem from early on in this pandemic has been how to undo the calamity while saving face. There never was an exit plan. Emancipating people from tyranny introduces a risk that people will start asking fundamental questions about why any of this needed to happen. Thus does one need to craft an excuse extremely carefully. "

Beautifully said.

You can also include Trump in this.

How so…Again no one is talking about the first wave of lockdowns or the end of the 2020 school year.

This mfer just brings up Trump…Who the hell is talking about the big bad orange man?. The fucking idiocy the rest of us have to deal with you and your response to every single post.

How about stop deflecting on the actual issues you can’t defend…I don’t give a shit about Trump. He’s simply my vote. Meanwhile you voted for the side that represents all this shit. It’s clear as day.

Trump fucked up and, as a politician, was unable to admit fault or walk anything back.

It’s the same thing.

A maybe a few similarities and Trump certainly didn’t handle it perfectly…But not in regards to this particular issue. And being the whole western world is on roughly the same covid curve, not sure there was much Trump could have done. If Trump is guilty every western world leaders is

But yeah imagine respond to this topic with “but but but orange man”

Yes I agree - you’re arguing the opposite side of things (that the lockdowns hurt more than helped - which in the case of closing schools I agree).

We’ve discussed this endlessly, but I do believe Trump had an opportunity to do better than he did. His complete denial that this would kill a lot of people, his failure to lead by example and saying (like a miracle) it would go away.

It cost him the election.

Lmfao at this horseshit.

lol truth hurts don’t it comrade?

Imagine defending this shit…I mean what’s your argument …do you put your hands on your hips, stomp your feet and say "No damn it my dems are not mean politicians they are the good ones!?..You’re one pathetic human being. Imagine defending extended lockdowns with all the data we have.

You’re beat. Give it up comrade.

THE TRUMP “PRESIDENCY” WAS LAYING A FOUNDATION TO TAKE DOWN THE CABAL…

YOU GUYS MAKE THIS WAY HARDER THEN THIS IS BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT THEY WANTED YOU TO BELIEVE…

GET YOUR POPCORN…

THE SHOW IS JUST STARTING…

Y