Deion Sanders

Im old enough to remember when someone said no one was going to care until it was a mid major or a small school dishing out the cash to beat out the likes of Bama and OSU for a player.

1 Like

And I’m willing to bet they already paid off via these recruits making questionable decisions for rumored NIL deals. How much uptick/recognition did Barstools get in December/January?

The secret nature of the announcements…100% part of the deal.

Honestly, I believe that anyone trying to put something above CASH as the reason for Hunter/Coleman is being naive. The reality is that HBCU can be a great option compared to a lesser G5 program for some underrated players to continue to work towards a dream, but without the Hunter/Coleman incentive, I like to believe that the overwhelming majority of parents will not make a decision based on race and instead support giving their son the best resources and opportunity being offered. And if that’s a P5 program resources with world-class facilities, professional nutrition programs, top notch medical staff, high-end strength programs, top academics, etc. There’s not a discussion; take advantage and use that for the rest of your life.

Also, on the cares more about coaching topic…“Coach Prime” is about “Coach Prime,” that has not changed and will not change. Big problem for a coaching career.

2 Likes

Glad to see you’re still around Shadow.

1 Like