2026 Pre-Spring Roster Breakdown (Updated 10-4 post Clemson)

Both miss too many tackles, but Thornton basically doesn’t look like he can be left in coverage at all. Poyser is good in coverage and better with angles. Thornton is just a one dimensional box player, an eraser. There’s a place for guys like that in cfb but he’s definitely limited

Poyser can play in NFL has to clean the tackling up.

What’s your thoughts on Nickel as QB next year?

I’ve always been a fan. I’m not at practice every day though. Definitely a stronger arm than Emory Williams for example, and I think he has a CHANCE to be this team’s starting QB.

I think this bye week has come at a good time for guys to heal up, for coaches to watch some tape and address some issues on Oline, DB, RB, in particular. CMC seems to be really locked in especially since going on that playoff run so I’m sure they will clean up some stuff going forward.

Overall, I am proud of the grit of this team this year.

Yeah, Thorton just needs to be a rover on the LB line of some sort, no more pass coverage.

Ya last couple games he’s been in coverage less and less. Problem is he’s too small for LB.

Makes you wonder WHY he was brought in….

Makes you wonder WHY he was brought in….

No one bats 1.000 on evaluations. And he is doing a lot of his job well. And we are playing pretty good defense with him in the lineup. There’s also the possibility that maybe he plays less snaps when Fitz can move back to nickle or safety as our corners come back.

It’s Hetherman’s job to either hide him and outscheme OC or upgrade him with the next option. I mean Mo Torre gets lost/cooked in coverage a lot and we ended up with an excellent defense last year with him as the #1 LB.

1 Like